Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot Redeemer 190 cms for a day!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These bad boys are different.......................... 128mm underfoot they look like nothing I've skied before!!

I had the pleasure of a ski-off/demo-day, late season in the Vorarlberg with a pal in the business, who had several demo sets from various manufacturers..

Let it be known that I'm a piste cruiser, skiing fast GS skis, race style on piste, so not the best of critics.

First impressionsof the 190 demos........... HUGE Fitzwilliam SKIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flat...... semi-banana tipped both ends, no camber ..... WTF!!!!!!

Second impressions.............. new snow in the Vorarlberg, about 10cms on piste + OP, these are nice!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the gargantuan dimensions these skis really are lovely to ski!

Whenever any fresh stuff was underfoot these big toys certainly smoothed out the crud. I really wished I had the skills and the snow to push these beasts, but thoroughly enjoyed the soft stuff both on piste and off piste . Without doubt a demanding ski allowed the less than skilled to venture into territory usually reserved for the more than skilled.

Brillilant feedback and lovely responsiveness at medium pace even on piste, beautiful glide and soft feedback when on any form of soft snow. I really had a blast on these super-wide puppies! Carving was a revelation, these wide mofo's cut badass tracks on demand! (*got caught out and dumped first time of trying!). User friendly, smile inducing, big line creating, lovely, lovely, lovely skis....................

Whitedot skis......... quality construction, innovative dimensions, attention to performance parameters, ...equals smile on the face!

Thanks to Steve at Glide and Slide, Otley, for the chance to check these out.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[CH20 mode] Barndoors! Try a Rossi Something7 instead [/CH20]

Glad you enjoyed them. I find mine way more versatile than I ever expected.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
theskibob, did you ski them on the Tuesday last week?? Shame there wasn't a bit more fresh as I reckon they would have really come into their own then!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, It was Tuesday, and I think Warth-Schrocken got a few more millimetres than Stuben, possibly 8/10 centimetres at most. Really needed twice that to get the real feel for the Redeemers. Having said that I agree with fatbob, that they are quite a remarkably versatile pair of skis.

The Monday I skied the Salomon X-Race with a "carve-rocker" in a 175 cms.............. nice cruisey piste rocket.
Wednesday I skied a pair of Dynastar Cham 97's .............. in the winblown sastruggi/soft/crud underneath............. nice to ski, but not on my Santa List.

Thursday was in Lech......... Strolz's sale, then lunch at the Hospitz Alm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
theskibob, I've had my Redeemers 2 seasons now, February powder in Arlberg was the best I've ever seen and the Redeemers just came into their own.....still laughing, they are just brilliant.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought my Redeemers second hand as a bit of a luxury, thinking I might get to use them just on a couple of powder days each season. But like fatbob, I've found them way more versatile than I expected and they are giving my Preachers a run for their money as my go to ski. This may be the beginning of a whole new relationship....!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy