Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In praise of Head Titans, 78mm underfoot, who needs more :)

Poster: A snowHead
A few fellow snowheads ski these and convinced me to buy a pair about a year ago. A quick chat with Edge & Wax last March and a well set up and freshly waxed set were on the way to me.

I've been very impressed with my Head Titans, they have skied everything well this season, from lovely winter snow and deep off piste in December, to ice, slush, bumps and heavy powder this spring. They've worked well in high speed carving turns as well as short aggressive turns and slower turns with kids following me.

78mm underfoot and coped with some pretty heavy rain affected snow in this video....(NB note none work/child friendly singing in this video). Bloke taking the video was skiing 120mm underfoot Wink

http://youtube.com/v/2zzq1QjZdtI
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, looks good, though I hope I do need more as I talked myself into a nice shiny new pair of Heads at 85mm underfoot (can't take my eyes off them, been in the lounge since they arrived Embarassed )
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, 78mm vs 85mm, not sure it's a huge difference!

To be honest though the Titans did very well in some pretty manky heavy off piste, and of course were brilliant on piste.

What have you gone for??/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That BASI chip they installed still fully functional I see wink

Assume the Lhasas will be on the chopping block on the cheap then?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 16-04-13 12:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:
That BASI chip they installed still fully functional I see wink

Working great, never enjoyed my skiing as much as I do now, I was getting bored of piste skiing, and now really enjoy it, can't ask for more!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, sorry didn't make myself clear, I've gone for a womens Head Mya no. 8, 85 underfoot might be a bit different from my current skis which are 68 underfoot!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and this snowhead also on Titans at the start of this video...

http://youtube.com/v/E_3wOLe9PLQ
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:

Working great, never enjoyed my skiing as much as I do now, I was getting bored of piste skiing, and now really enjoy it, can't ask for more!

I know it's desperately uncool to say so but I enjoy piste skiing still, despite having usually vastly inappropriate skis on and risible technique Nothing better than a few warm up blasts down a softening piste before going to noodle around somewhere where skiing speed is slower. Not a fan of filling-shaker corduroy mind but that's when something like a well tuned Titan probably really pays off.

Did once find a quiet mile long black where I cranked out about 6 laps in an hour in the morning before going off to play in the trees & bumps.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, oh and Lhasas were used for the off piste only day Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's nice every now and then to ski on 78 ish wide skis I can remember this width being a 70/30 ski used to enjoy my ac30 ,s I could ski them anywhere and they where quite a quick ski on piste.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My Dynastars are 78mm and I absolutely love them, they manage everything! Well, everything I encounter anyway. They cope with frozen-solid corduroy, boilerplate, bumps - and fresh snow up to knee deep at least.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
my first skis were 75mm and were all mountain skis Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PM me if you want to buy our Titans; maintained by Edge and Wax, ground once in 3 years, 163cms and 170 cms. Great ski
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, what length did you go for, its about time i got rid of my SL ski's with something the resembles a razor blade underfoot Smile.

6ft and 14 stone I cant decide what length would suit me most?

I was thinking of Magnums but am open to Titans if the concencious is they will be better especially if I want to develop that " BASI chip" lol
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Curtains, I think mine are 170......but they are in leeds and I am currently in Bristol so cannot check
snow conditions
Curtains, don't be worried about a bit of length. I'm a similar build to you and this year I planned to changed a pair of SL 165's for a pair of GS type skis to use on piste and tracked out off piste.

In the end I went for a pair of Movement Le Fers in 177, cos they were cheap Embarassed .

The movements have 77mm underfoot so aren't a million miles away from the Titans, and I've loved them. To be honest, I wouldn't want to go shorter.
snow report
Curtains, at least 170 and 177 is better as all rounders imo..
snow conditions
I have a couple of sets of iTitans I'd sell, both 2013 models, both with 4 days use on good snow, one pair of 177cm Freeflex Pro 14 the other 168cm Freeflex Pro 12, £300 each.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy