Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark: kendo or Bushwacker?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. I'm looking to get a quiver of one for telemarking and I've landed on either the kendo or bushwacker. I know there are a lot of other great skis that could compete with these two but after extensive research this is what I've narrowed down to.

I'm mainly on piste but will venture off piste when the going is good. When I'm on piste I'd like to be able to manoeuvre around the bumps. And most importantly hold an edge on hard snow. I find it a lot harder to keep the skis doing what i want them to under hard conditions when telemarking.

I currently have Coreupt Bangers in 184 which i bought just because they were cheap. I was happy with these when there was deep snow but on the hard stuff i couldn't push them in a way I'm used to because it felt like the ski would just over-flex.

I also have a pair of Storm Infernos in 165. I love the feel of these skis as I'm used to something rigid underfoot that when necessary i can skid rather than just carve. They also have a real traditional camber feel about them-which feels really familiar. Something i could never do or got with the bangers. The only problem is in fresh snow where the lack of width and length makes everything pretty unforgiving.

From what i can see the kendos look a more rigid 'traditional' ski that I could rely on in harder conditions but will be a harder ride; the bushwackers will be an easier ride with a more modern feel - but will i be able to rely on it on ice when compared to the kendo?

Currently my heart is saying bushwackers and my head is saying kendo-Mainly because i can get the kendos already drilled for ntn and sent to where i live (Sweden) easily.

Thanks for any input,

W
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy