Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HandiRack inflatable roof rack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone used the HandiRack inflatable roof rack for transporting skis?

Im not travelling across europe with them on the roof, just the 2 hours or so to the airport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Transported kayaks (across Europe on one occasion) many times with it, very good system. Try to avoid getting any grit or anything under the straps (if keeping it on for a couple of days, take it off and brush stuff out form under it), as this can scratch the roof a bit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought one a few years ago and used it a couple of times before selling it.

If you can not fit roofbars to your car or want to save the space in your garage/loft then they are ok but in my opinion you would be better buying a cheap set of normal bars off ebay and some bungee cords. Much more versatile.

They sit directly on your car roof so if you need to give the roof a good clean first to avoid dirt / grit rubbing between the rack and the roof. Also may be a problem if it is a wet day and spray is being thrown up with road nasties in.

Depending on the car you may have problems fitting it. If you have only a 3 door then it will have to go through the rear windows (assuming they are wind down, if they are hinged ones then you may have issues fitting it at all)

All in all I would they are a good, solution for shorter trips.

I was very glad I bought mine at the time, I even made a £10 profit when I sold them on ebay.

Hope that helps.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought them as they were cheaper than the hertz rack rental charge.

Key tips.
1) Closely inspect your rental car roof before setting off. Ideally find the few scratches that are inevitably already there, and get them marked on the damage sheet. Thereafter make sure the roof is clean before mounting as others have mentioned.
2) They hold 2 pairs of skis easily, 4 if you put the skis together in pairs
3) If you want to hold skis in pairs, you’ll need to wrap the bindings and put the skis on with bindings sideways. The skis might then shift round so the bindings are vertical and scratch the roof.

I like them. Once you’re used to them they take about 5 mins to inflate and fit. I wouldn't want to drive from the UK to the Alps using them tho'
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy