Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Soul 7 - What bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got my hands on a pair of the new soul 7s, and am wondering what bindings to stick on them. I'm ex snowboarder, picked up skiing a couple of years ago and this is the first time I've bought skis / bindings, so some advice would be great. My height is 1.8m, weight is 70kg. Normally class myself as 2 when renting which gives a din of 6. I like to err on the low din side as last season I fractured my tibial plateau after a weird forward fall where the binding did not release.

Some of the bindings I've been considering...

- Marker Baron
- Marker Griffon (schizo or regular)
- Rossignol FKS 14 XXL

Two main decisions I'm trying to make:

1) Is it worth putting up with the supposed downsides (stack height, weight, flex) a touring binding if I'll probably only spend 3-5 days touring (short, lift accessed) out of around 30 days skiing. I'm biased by my experience snowboarding on awful voile split board plates, it's entirely possible I won't even notice the difference.

2) For a regular binding such as the non-schizo griffon or FKS, how much adjustment for BSL can you make before remounting, and if you need to remount, does it damage the skis or just their resale value, as I suspect my current boots may be slightly too big.

All opinions (other than those about whether I should have used the search function) welcome!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Baron skis as well as alpine binding. Is it worth it (cost-wise)? Depends on how much you'll tour, but hiking on anything soft sucks...

I don't know how much adjustment is in the bindings, but re-mounting is no problem, you can just plug the holes. Will affect resale value though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fks has about 5 to 7mm adjustment, griffon will have more
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, that's good to know about the Barons thanks. Cost-wise there's not much in it, as they're on sale at a couple of places.

carroz, thanks - is that 5 to 7mm in total, or in each direction?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spatters, in total, the arms don't have much adjustment at all
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy