Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott clothing - anyone used it? Recommended?

Poster: A snowHead
I've seen a Scott jacket I like. Just wondered if anyone had any comments on the quality of their stuff?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I purchased a Scott jacket from TK max a few years it's so warm can only wear it in the depths of winter, good value.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love mine, heavy duty and very warm.
Good sized pockets and good zips ( not orange)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
peteski, Filthyphil30k, fantastic thanks very much Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got one yes, very warm, only wear a base-layer under it. Consider it very good value for money (also has orange zips).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sounding great. How's the waterproofing on them generally?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a Scott Crusair jacket and it's the dog's dangley bits, really really good and looks ace but they have a whole range of gear so it depends on what you are after really but mine is great.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the top freeride Shell jacket from about 5 years ago, used every season and pretty much every cold day as well, still in great condition, absolutely love it!

that said before last season i bought the top end insulated jacket for the girfriend and it has fallen apart! stitchings coming apart, velcro falling off etc...

dunno if manufacturing has changed at all, it hasn't had a hard life at all. might just have gotten unlucky but still very disappointed!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a pair of Scott pants from last year and the quality seems pretty good for the price. Waterproofing is standing up well after maybe 8 weeks wear and the stitching is holding up well too, although it doesn't appear very tough. Nothing to complain about really.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I too have a pair of Scott pants bought from Sail and Ski. Very happy with the fit and quality.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sarah wrote:
Sounding great. How's the waterproofing on them generally?

Fine with snow, other than that I don't ski when it's raining so can't say. When I wash the coat it gets a treatment of waterproofing anyway, as most of these things should.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks again all, I think I might try one. I've ended up skiing in rain three or four days this season and a couple last and so the waterproofing bit is becoming more important.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarah, As I'm now on their mailing list I've received an e-mail saying Sail and Ski have a sale on http://www.sailandski.co.uk
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Their ranges have improved dramatically in the past few years. Some of the sample stuff could be a bit dubious but the Scott chaps are pretty rigorous at monitoring quality and the stuff I've seen recently is very good. I've got their merino base layers and the Gore active shell MTB jacket and they've stood up very well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a double sided jacket (drexler) that I'm quite happy with, but their clothing tend to have fewer pockets. They have models using different waterproofing from goretex to dermizax to unknown stuff, so pick your favorite.

I also have pants (enumclaw) which I'm not very happy with. The fit is a bit tight, insulation is weird as there is none on front of upper leg, good for spirited skiing but not so much for the lift ride. It also has very flimsy fabric with no ankle patch, literally every time I fall my ski cut a hole in the fabric. I've since added patch myself.
ski holidays
I was really pleased with my Scott pants this winter - no complaints at all - really warm, waterproof and good quality. I picked up a pair of their Unltd Goretex pants from http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk at a really good price... They are on sale too now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy