Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A short video from Obergurgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hope it's okey to post videos like this, I'm not very good at editing so the video is nothing special, just wanted to share a nice skiing day in Obergurgl Happy

http://youtube.com/v/FeailyDJ5_0
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How can you be bothered skiing through the crowds every day?

Looks brill!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Like the distance you give slower skiers. No helmet?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks. What are your thoughts of the resort?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think I recognise the route under the Festkogl lift. Just got back on Sunday following a two week trip. Good snow this year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow looks fantastic. The reort looks great - not too busy. But I really like trees - add so much to the charm of a resort though the lower altitude can mean dodgy snow conditions. By the way, nice skiing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beequin: I always try to keep good distance to other skiers or at least pass behind them. I've been skiing with a helmet since 6 years now and feel naked without it Very Happy

Tom W: I liked the resor. It's a small resort so there are not many pubs or apres ski places but the ones that are there are enough and I was ther mainly for skiing. It'n not a huge system but since the pistes were so wide you could run one piste for a couple of hours without getting tired of it.

Kelskii: Yes it is Festkogl you can see in the video.

Zellmaniac: There are some trees further down and also great offpiste areas but since I've never been there before I didn't want to go offpiste without a guide.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks.

Looks right up my strasse.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My plan is to go back to Obergurgl for one week next year and then continue to Neustift/Stubaier Gletcher for another week Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mackar, Apologies, shadow looked like a bobble hat, but realise it must be the camera.

P.S. No slight intended to non-helmeteers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back myself on Sunday, wonderful week. Great snow and lots of sunshine. Been 5 times now and plan to go back next season.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Obergurgl is very nice
Skiing-wise however, unless you are off posters, every run is exactly the same as you've just seen, with the same (quite nice)views
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pisters that should be
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sev112, I'll agree with you on the rather dull pistes. Over the past few years many of the pistes have been widened and have become rather boring. I sometimes ski with a guy who manages a bar in the village and have skied quite a few of the off-piste routes which, generally, don't get much traffic:

From the top of Festkogl/Rosskar lifts down into Rotmoostal
Hohe Mut south into Gaisbergtal
From the top of Plattach lift walk straight on and continue hiking up Festkogl dropping over the back into what the locals call 'Big Mama' gulley coming round into Ferwalltal
From the top of Wurmkogl, traverse across and down into Konigstal
From the top of Wurmkogl, head down the cat track until the first bend then hike up the Wurmkogl until the ridge dropping over the back into a steep gulley that takes you round into the Timmelstal.

More to be added next year!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beequin: I have an offtopic video for you about distance Smile

As I mentioned I always try to have good distance to people since I know how it feels to be passed closely

http://youtube.com/v/4QxppjkIPwo
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy