Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Levi, Finland in November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,
after some heads up on Levi in Finland.
Wife back from Afghanistan at the start of November so fancy 2 weeks away in the snow.
Europe not an option so looking at Levi.
Can anyone give me any advice regarding conditions, hotels etc? (apart from how expensive it will be!)
Will be taking a 3 1/2 year old as well to learn to ski, so maybe husky trips, northern lights and all that malarkey.
Thanks in advance, Den
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Denni, can't help an awful lot but just to say that I really don't think you can be sure of the snow conditions that early on. We went to Finland a couple of years ago, and went quite a lot further North than Levi too, to do a Santa trip. We went something like the 17th December and I was on pins as the earlier trips were cancelled as there was no snow, it came late that year, but fortunately for us it did come in time. Husky trips can be very good, done one there and one in Alaska, would really recommend. Northern lights trip, don't book in advance (especially as you are planning to go for two weeks) as they will still run them whatever the weather even if it's quite obvious you will not see them. So book it there if you get clear weather. Never skied there so can't help with that. Oh and yes it's very expensive to eat and drink.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
why is "Europe" not an option?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for the replies folks, much appreciated.

Pam, didn't fancy glaciated terrain and start of November, unlikely to be a lot of snow or the resorts open. Well, thats the advice i've had. Lived in Germany for years and always skied Stubai, Garmisch glacier and not on snow until the end of Nov but more like decent snow start of Dec.
Do you have some insider tips!

Thanks Sarah, we have been to Lofoten and Tromso a few times for climbing and mountaineering and we have been to Canada a couple of times and I've been to Alaska, mountaineering and skiing, on numerous occasions. Took our small creature to Canmore when she was 9 months old and had a husky sled ride there and Banff was great even at minus 33 with the wind chill!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Denni, hope you sort something that works Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Certainly no gaurantee of snow in early November in Lapland. BUt more importantly the resort may not open until there is enough snow on the pistes. Late November you may get away with it but early November is a big gamble IMO. ALso even if the resort does open then it will not open all the pistes and lifts at that time of year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Denni.

Been up to Levi 6 -7 times really good pleanty to do, but not that much for the advanced skiier.

I thing the Levi World Cup is schedulled for around 11th November but they do prepare that especially, has been cancelled a few times recently due to tempreture and lack of snow.

there should be snow up there but i think they say the season starts towards the end of Nov.

I always go with Tour Operator ( Inghams) they do offer a good choice of hotels & cabins. Doubt if any snow mobile tracks will be open that early, may be wrong as i always go towards the end of Jan.

Only 19 or so pistes are open up to Feb as they are floodlit, the rest of the pistes open in Feb when the longer days start.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy