Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NOT Osteoarthritis of the patella

Poster: A snowHead
RachelQ, Sorry to hear the ongoing problems chuck but glad you're up for enjoying yourself next week. As "Snowheads Royalty" I'm sure you'll be well looked after... Wink Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How could the previous guy got it so wrong though! See you Saturday x
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pedantica wrote:
RachelQ, bummocks. Was hoping for better news. But at least you now know what's going on, and can make plans - such as lunching with friends on a grandiose scale. Toofy Grin

+ 1 xx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, Good to have a clear idea of what's going on and what to do about it but frustrating that it's going to take a long time. I'm glad to see that you're determined to make the best of it though snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica wrote:
RachelQ, bummocks. Was hoping for better news. But at least you now know what's going on, and can make plans - such as lunching with friends on a grandiose scale. Toofy Grin

+1. I really do despair sometimes. If JB could diagnose the problem why couldn't your original chap? I'd be furious.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, grandiose lunches - now that I like! Very Happy
Schuss in Boots, thank you, and indeed bless windymiller xx
Frosty the Snowman,Hells Bells, flowa, Iski, thank you. Very Happy
Tarquin - wink
holidayloverxx, I'm more resigned than furious. Actually, I'm furious too, it's basically a year wasted. I've been telling them all along that it feels like the movement is being blocked, even my original NHS physio said that was the problem. rolling eyes I can see I've not been pushy enough - that will change from now!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
Pedantica wrote:

+1. I really do despair sometimes. If JB could diagnose the problem why couldn't your original chap? I'd be furious.

+ 1 again. Sorry, being lazy and piggybacking messages.
But FFS, what is up with those surgeons Puzzled Evil or Very Mad
holidayloverxx yours doesn't sound much better, fancy not knowing a good sports physio rolling eyes. Holistic treatment is clearly an anathema to him Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ, was thinking...assuming you won't actually do any damage by skiing gently, have you got/can you get a week's worth of industrial painkillers just to tide you over this week? Preferably ones for which you don't have to forego alcohol. Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ, I have a mate would suffered a bucket handle meniscus tear on the 1st day of his holiday (he is a GP). He skied fine with it, but couldn't straighten his leg due to the tear. He could barely walk, but could ski due to the bent knee stance.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pedantica, I've just bought a few packets of Voltarol extra strength, I'm hoping they'll do the trick. Nothing about alcohol on the leaflet! Very Happy
Frosty the Snowman, exactly! I won't have to remember to bend ze knees!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RachelQ, I think that's right, you absolutely have to press. If you have 2 different opinions ask each why the other is wrong and what they are basing their opinion on. The chap I saw in the UK said the Austrian's weren't wrong, and what they recommended couldn't do any harm ( a climb down essentially)

flowa, I'm nto seeing that chap again - once was enough!. I'm seeing someone on the permanent staff on Tuesday; if he is no better I have 2 recommended names at Broomfield that I will ask to be referred to. It will mean 2 weeks lost but not really as ther are limitations to what I can do while not weight bearing. I reckon the physio is more important as long as recovery goes to plan, if it doesn't then I need a good surgeon.

RachelQ, have a relaxing and fun holiday x
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Only just read this thread! Crikey, glad you've had a proper diagnosis now RachelQ, but so sorry about your knee Sad Looks like you're going to have plenty of fab support on the bash tho & really really hope you will make a good progress towards recovery.

Jonathan Bell appears to be rather wonderful - does he get honorary lifetime snowHead membership? Toofy Grin Very kind of him to help out poor old crook skiers
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schuss in Boots, That's very generous, I'd love to give it a try. We've not met before, I'm snowHead bash virgin.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy wrote:
Jonathan Bell appears to be rather wonderful - does he get honorary lifetime snowHead membership? Toofy Grin Very kind of him to help out poor old crook skiers

Doesn't he just Very Happy Very Happy (and seconded) wink

justatheory, Yer very welcome snowHead In which case... I'll be the quiet wallflower sitting at the back of the crowd... you'll find me.. Little Angel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Schuss in Boots, thirded. What a star. Very Happy

Quote:

I'll be the quiet wallflower sitting at the back of the crowd
Mwahahahahaha!
snow report
RachelQ, glad you got to see someone properly helpful at last! Have a lovely time in VT next week, even if you do spend most of it having excellent lunches wink
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots,
Quiet? Wallflower?? Shocked Laughing Laughing
latest report
justatheory, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you on the previous page, I didn't read back when I updated this morning. Very happy to share Schuss's mojo, and look forward to pootling (lunching) with you!
holidayloverxx, cathy, Mrs Phorn, thank you for your good wishes. Very Happy
Schuss in Boots wrote:
I'll be the quiet wallflower sitting at the back of the crowd
Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy