Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NOT Osteoarthritis of the patella

Poster: A snowHead
I'll join on the PSB Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is a great thread but I'm just wondering whether anyone is actually going to be skiing at the EoSB as there's a hell of a lot of injured pootleHeads signed up already...!!

Haven't got a pass out organised this time round , but please tell me, are there lots of single folks or one half of couples on the bashes, or is it mainly couples? I'm thinking, if Mr Snowy can't get a(nother) week off next year......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowyowl, there's a mixture. I go with my hubby, but don't ski with him for a lot of the time, as he likes to head off=piste. He's already 'pootled' for 4 weeks this year, so we like the EOSB as we both hav other people to ski with. some people will come without their partners.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonathan Bell, Laughing But please note the correct spelling of both snowHeads and pootleHeads. wink

rob@rar, don't be ridiculous! Laughing

Hells Bells, some pootleHeads have even been known to venture off-piste with your hubby. That's known as hard-core pootling. wink

snoyowl, I'm aiming to do a bit of proper skiing as well as pootling (well, as 'proper' as I can achieve...) and I'd say that couples are in a minority on bashes, though there are some. There are loads of people whose significant others don't attend for one reason or another.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
Cheers ladies Very Happy (although gentleman pootleHeads are welcome to join us too).
Excellent, can I join as an honorary pootleHead?
Rob, I don't think you could pootle if you tried! Laughing (but you're more than welcome to sit in the sunshine and have a drink with us. Very Happy )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RachelQ, it was the sitting in the sunshine that was the appealing thought Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Schuss in Boots wrote:
RachelQ, Pedantica, Hells Bells, I know I have a reputation for being the gnarliest and most relentless of all skiers... but as it's all in a good cause I will put my own wishes on the back burner and selflessly keep you girls company in the bar. Toofy Grin

RachelQ, sorry to hear you are still having knee problems Sad
I'm sure I can be persuaded to partake in a little bar time and join such a delectable crowd Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, I believe I may even have partaken of some hard-core pootling on one such occasion... Shortly before Hells Bells and I indulged in a little hard-core wedding watching IIRC Laughing

snowyowl, Definitely more solos than couples, for the reasons outlined above. As well as those that are single "for one reason or another"... Notwithstanding those of us that appear to have been subjected to arranged* marriages. Little Angel Get yourself booked up pronto, you won't regret it.

*arranged by a particularly adorable 4yr old ski demon wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will there be any pootling lesons? Are there any trained pootling instructors? Although Schuss in Boots, has a wealth of experience the french won't take kindly to her teaching without the relevant qualifications.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One more for the pootleHeads please. Even without recent arthroscopy, think I was born to pootle rather than ski!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Claude B, very good
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Schuss in Boots, Pedantica, Hells Bells, Sounds ideal. My knee is a bit dodgy partly because I am too lazy to persist with all the daily exercises, Jonathan is right there- but a mixture of proper skiing and pootling when knee says NOT ANY MORE sounds good to me. Mr Snowy's a keen skier, but is also very busy with work. Claude B, Do the french even have a word for it? It would be difficult to stop you doing something that they couldn't articulate!? Razz
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A quick update. Not being at all happy with the diagnosis (and rather glib response) from my NHS surgeon on Monday, and because of very helpful communications with Jonathan Bell, I'm delighted that even with a fully booked schedule, he's managed to squeeze me in for an appointment next Wednesday. Very Happy Can he wave a magic wand over my knee and tell me I'll be fine to ski at the EoSB? Toofy Grin Whatever, I see a glimmer of light at the end of a long tunnel. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ, excellent news. Today I asked my glib and vague surgeon whether he could recommend a sports physio, preferably with hydrotherapy facilities - answer " I don't do private work so I've no idea, ask the NHS physio " rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RachelQ, good news. Let me know if meeting/transport required or desirable. In theory I've got Pilates till 1200, back about 1230, but can bunk off if necessary.

holidayloverxx, not so good news. Sad Possibly a post on here specifically focussed on finding a sports physio in your neck of the woods?
snow report
holidayloverxx, it's hard work isn't it? rolling eyes
Pedantica, meeting required and desirable! Very Happy My appointment is at 12.30, so don't bunk off Pilates, maybe we could meet after.
latest report
RachelQ, will PM you a plan (or two.)
snow conditions
Pedantica, yes, I will. Samerberg Sue has found some that I can ask if anyone has used
ski holidays
[quote="Pedantica"]Jonathan Bell, Laughing But please note the correct spelling of both snowHeads and pootleHeads. wink

That'll be a lawyer speaking?.. 😉

I'll certainly not be making that mistake again.

Perhaps see you Wednesday with RachelQ.
latest report
Jonathan Bell, sorry. Embarassed Only teasing! Toofy Grin RachelQ has decided to brave the M25 and will not be requiring my chauffeuring services. So we won't be meeting on this occasion, but I just might be consulting a physiotherapist of your acquaintance within the next few months, if my right leg doesn't shape up soon. wink
latest report
Pedantica,

No doubt you'll get a report at about 13:15 😀
ski holidays
holidayloverxx,
I've pm'd you some advice on finding a physio.
ski holidays
Jonathan Bell wrote:
holidayloverxx,
I've pm'd you some advice on finding a physio.

Thank you, Pm received and much appreciated
snow conditions
RachelQ, how did you get on today?
snow report
RachelQ, can we have buttons to join in with pootleheads snowHead
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, my appointment isn't till next Wednesday.( but today was fine thank you!). I must admit to being pleasantly surprised today. I went into Stoke Mandeville hospital yesterday and filled in the form to have my x-rays and MRI scan put onto disc. I'd been told on the phone that it usually takes approx. 10 days. But I had a phone call this afternoon to say the disc was ready. Most impressed! Very Happy
Touretteski, like we need buttons to pootle! Toofy Grin
latest report
RachelQ, ah, I thought it was today. Good you got your records though
snow report
RachelQ, How did today go? wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been wondering too.
snow report
RachelQ, I'm in the same boat. I've got arthiritis of both patellas, my right is more severe and causes my knee to swell up from time to time - it cut short my ski holiday last year. During the summer I cycled a lot and did some exercises recommended by a physio, which has really helped this winter. I skied 7 days straight in Morzine clocking up quite a bit of mileage and didn't get a reaction.

I may still need to join pootleHeads on the EoSB too though, as I went for a run the other day and my knees are really not thanking me for it. I'm seriously considering getting a Ski Mojo for next season, so if you use Schuss in Boots', you'll have to let me know what you think. In the meantime I'll be on the Ibuprophen tablets and gel.

In the long term I'm pinning my hopes on stem stell technology to replace my worn cartillage. I believe it's currently being trialed.
snow report
Quote:

I went for a run the other day

Shocked one of the few good things about having dodgy knees is that it gives you an excellent excuse to avoid such high-impact activities as "going for a run".
ski holidays
pam w, Yes it was a bad idea, especially so close to the EoSB. My knees had been feeling great so I though I'd be okay, it's very frustrating.
ski holidays
justatheory, I'll be bringing mine to the Eosb for RachelQ, So I'm sure you could have a test run if we happened to be in a bar putting pootleHeading into practice wink I'm not sure we've met (if we have, sorry, I have a cr@p memory), but make sure to just barge up and say hello... I'm sure somebody will be able to point me out Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The title of the thread has been changed. Time for a few smileys??
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, are the mojos not "made to measure" as it were?

Pedantica, indeed, I hope so
latest report
holidayloverxx, From memory [see above for disclaimer about my memory] there are two sizes... essentially the up to 13 stone and the over, with some overlap... other than that, they are adjustable and yes, they do need to be 'fitted', but it's not a big job and requires minimal tools (IIRC windymiller knows the drill on this). So yes, I was being a little tongue in cheek with the comment about doing it from the bar, but it's not impossible, just might need a little planning. wink
snow conditions
I've just changed the thread title to reflect Jonathan Bell's diagnosis yesterday. Thank you again Mr Bell for squeezing me in your busy schedule this week. Very Happy
I was very dubious last week when my surgeon told me that it was osteoarthritis causing the problems, which is why I wanted a 2nd opinion. I still can't straighten my knee without considerable pain and the feeling of 'something getting in the way'. It's been this way since the injury, which is why I felt sure there was another cause.
So I was very relieved when Mr B confirmed my suspicions. Smile
Not so relieved when he explained what was going on though, because it feels like going back to square one. In layman's terms, there is a 'hump' of bone where my ACL was pulled from the tibia, and this is what's impacting with my patella. That makes perfect sense and explains the feelings I'm getting. Getting rid of it isn't a simple matter though, as it's quite (very) likely that when the bone is shaved away, the end of the ACL will become detached, which would mean a full ACL reconstruction. Sad

It's all a lot to think about, but for now I'm going to enjoy my holiday, I'm going to try and ski very gently when the conditions are good, hopefully with Schuss in Boots's mojo, and if I can't, well I can't, but I'll still be in the mountains and amongst friends. snowHead
ski holidays
RachelQ, bummocks. Was hoping for better news. But at least you now know what's going on, and can make plans - such as lunching with friends on a grandiose scale. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
RachelQ, Oh gawd.. that is a lot to think about. Sad But positive news in that something can be done and that it's not just going to get progressively worse with no end in sight. Hugs xx (and yes, you will have a good time... we will make sure of it)

Oh, and I just heard back from windymiller, he says yes, no probs, he can do the fitting. Bless him Very Happy
latest report
RachelQ, well done on getting a proper diagnosis and the very best of luck with whatever happens.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy