Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The people you bump into unexpectedly .....

Poster: A snowHead
Many years ago when I was 18 I served Michael J Fox his dinner on a beach on Long Island, I've also exchanged smiles with Her Maj when my kids handed her flowers on a walkabout a year or so back. Apart from that I've met no-one famous, excepting of course Frosty the Snowman!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing:

Tom Berenger
Kiefer Sutherland

+ assorted pros including Tanner Hall (post death) at the dirty burger stand at a PSB.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only Catherine Zeta Jones and Martin Bell.

Martin is a better skiier.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
foxtrotzulu, I taught his daughter to ski and he sponsored our Junior Race team for a couple of seasons. He used to be a very keen skier as well and attened all our race meetings. His daughter went to Prior Park College in Bath
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing:-

Val D'Isere - Gary Davis (DJ, R1.....ooh Gary Davis etc!).........years ago.
St Anton - Alan Hansen/ Kenny Dalglish, Andrew Castle
Ischgl - Richard Branson
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29, showing your age Marky...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On skis... very few of any "importance" or fame afaik.

Elsewhere, completely randomly... 2 prime ministers (in office at that point in time), 1 spanish prince, 1 dutch prince (the one that's about to be king) and his argentinian missus, and about 3 astronauts (one on a LH flight, who now happens to be my big boss), 1 UCI MTB world champion (stayed in the same chalet), erm and there are probably a few more. Oh and Boris Johnson in the cafeteria at Lord Glasgow's place.

Loads that were not really unexpected, out of the blue type occurrences.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Hoff (in the days of Knightrider) and Pat Cash in the same lift queue in Kitzbuhel. 2 weeks ago the short bloke from Jamiroquai(sp) , you know the one, collects cars and has been on Top Gear, in a toilet in Verbier....
...actually it might have been a different aussie tennis player thinking about it...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bumped into lots of famous people out and about, none skiing through.

Sat outside a hut up the hill from Flachauwinkl last week when it was descended on by a load of school ski groups and Jnr spots one of the kids who lives on our street.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:

+ assorted pros including Tanner Hall (post death) at the dirty burger stand at a PSB.

Post death?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
betterinblack, popular ski site meme since the Chad's Gap incident. A bit like Paul McCartney/Abbey Road.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wild Bill Johnson val Gardena told him nobody knew who he was on a question of sport, but I did; he said Martin Bell had said the same thing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PsychoBabble wrote:
The Hoff (in the days of Knightrider) and Pat Cash in the same lift queue in Kitzbuhel

Alright I call BS on this one there is no WAY that the Hoff would risk a public order incident by turning up in Kitzbuhel, the rush of germanic autograph hunters would send avi risk off the scale
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I fear that the increasing popularity of helmets will make celeb spotting even more of a challenge.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh, yes, I forgot the Bell brothers. I don't know if I've met both, but I've met the one that sells the skiers edge (sorry brothers, I get you both muddled up). My crowd also know Chemmy Alcott and have met her several times - even skied with her (as have many SH's) in fact I think we've met her so often that she now recognises us when we see her at an event. Cool

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 8-04-13 23:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Anthony Head in Sainsbog's, Bath the other week. He bought chewing gum and earl grey (I didn't follow him, he was next to me). Fairly sure I saw Romain Grosjean in Les Arcs in February, but didn't hang around to make sure in case he took me out on the first lap..
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Thornyhill, OO Shocked OO . . . got my attention now . . . ski or board . . . or doesn't care as long as they can breath through their ears?

She doesn't 'do' snow. If she can't smoke it, fight it or ride a bike on it, she isn't generally interested. Will mail her about the ears thing though.

funny (to me anyway) story. Our surname is Bell. (well hers was until she hitched my best man.) We both spent our formative years hanging about with bikers. I went for the power rangers set (leathers and paint job must match). She went for the Hells Angels set. They called her Hells Bells. First time I logged on here and read a post from Hells Bells, I was like WTF is she doing on a skiing forum Laughing
snow conditions
Neraida wrote:
Fairly sure I saw Romain Grosjean in Les Arcs in February, but didn't hang around to make sure in case he took me out on the first lift..

FIFY, but LMAO as well
ski holidays
8611, pre German cult status! His wife was wearing a gold lame ski suit...don't think she was Russian.
snow report
Sarah Ferguson in Tignes 1983 I think Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
Spent a Glasgow London flight a couple of years ago (On Ryanair no less!) sitting next to Daley Thompson. We were drunk and he was very patient and a top bloke.
snow report
bobalexander1983, I played him at table tennis at a sports trade exhibition once. Everyone remarked on how unfriendly and arrogant he was because, basically, he just was. V good at ping pong though.
latest report
I met Martina Navratilova a couple of times in Aspen restaurants back in 1991. She was very nice and the second time she recognised us and came over for a chat.
ski holidays
Bumped into an old uni housemate on the streets of Morzine the other day, we'd not been in contact in almost ten years and he'd never been on skis back then so that was quite unexpected.

I've had a fair share of famous clients - and not-so-famous but distinguished ones too - but can barely call them chance encounters if they're coming into where I work. My parents talk of frequently meeting 'stars' such as Sean Connery in hotels back in the 60s and 70s but with the rise of ever more segregated VIP services (entrance/lounge/car/check-in/elevator etc) these sorts of people are now 'untouchable' in most areas. Guess a ski slope is one of the few things they can't have cordoned off by their minders (despite the oligarchs' best efforts in Courchevel), so we've more chances than many. Wonder when Hello/OK will start posting full time paps in the alps?...
ski holidays
Thornyhill wrote:
Neraida wrote:
Fairly sure I saw Romain Grosjean in Les Arcs in February, but didn't hang around to make sure in case he took me out on the first lift..

FIFY, but LMAO as well

Touché
Heh
latest report
Gawd knows - so many of the 'celebs' that have been mentioned I wouldn't recognise. Especially if they had goggles/helmet on! So I have not knowingly bumped into celebs while skiing. Maybe celebs go to more upmarket resorts than I do!

Away from skiing I have bumped into the Queen of Spain (while sightseeing in Athens during the 2004 Olympics), Billy Connolly (in Gozo where he is retired) and Charles Dance - in a gym, training like a pro athlete some years ago.
latest report
We were on a lift in Val disere in March with a chatty chap who just had to tell us that on the flight to Geneva he sat next to a bunny girl, got chatting and she offered him a lift to resort in her private taxi. I said yea right,but he assured us nothing happened and it was surreal . I desparetly wanted to know what she was doing in resort, but now The question is,would that have been a Snowhead, said he had a little place in Tignes for about 20 yrs. Confused
snow conditions
ooooooooooo!! I just saw Elvis walk into the building.......
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gary Wilmot I think, was pi$$ed though so it might not have been.
ski holidays
Kids football match in January and freezing cold. I say to one of the other fathers (quiet unassuming chap standing next to me) "Bit cold for this - glad we don't have to do it often". Only later it was pointed out to me that the other father was Michael Essien
ski holidays
Alan Shearer was on my flight back from GVA to Newcastle in January. He was out with his family and spent loads of time giving autographs and posing for photo’s with kids who clearly idolised him. I was very impressed with the amount of time he gave to the kids.
ski holidays
I caddied for Dicky Henderson at Royal Lytham . . . and had a chip butty in Blackpool with Eric Morecambe (a sweeter man has never been born)
snow conditions
Princess Anne in the Avoriaz cable-car in '89. I introduced myself and offered her a ski lesson, she said nothing but her enormous bodyguard helpfully told me to f-off!
latest report
The Saracens were in Verbier a couple of weeks ago.
ski holidays
Quote:

enormous bodyguard helpfully told me to f-off!

Surely etiquette dictates that he should have said f-orf wink
snow conditions
Literally just bumped into John Surtees at Mercedes Benz World. He's a legend, only guy to have been world champion in both F1 and 500cc motorbike.
latest report
I literally bumped into Simon Le Bon on a staircase at the Albert Hall. I was distracted as i'd just walked past Sterling Moss. I apologised with the universally accepted 'Sorry Mate' and failed to identify him at the time and was only later informed about his identity. I like to think he quietly appreciated me not drawing attention to his former celebrity status.
ski holidays
I was having lunch at the Temple Lodge at Lake Louise some years back, and recognised the (recently deceased) actor Richard Griffiths, having lunch with his private instructor.

I walked over to his table and........................

......................chatted with the instructor, with whom I'd had a lesson a couple of years previously in Jasper.
snow conditions
Acacia, I got entirely the wrong end of the stick there, for a while.
ski holidays
Ate a pizza alongside Ed Leigh at the bar in Pomodoro in St Anton in January. Took me a while to realise it was him before a friendly chinwag. Saw Alex Jones of One Show fame in the Underground in St Anton last April. I had no idea who she was until someone in our group identified her. Met Ray Clemence twice in the same bar in Kuala Lumpur. He was good for a chat on both occasions and a bit of a laugh.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy