Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verchaix as a base?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a fab chalet here for next year,anyone have any info about getting to the ski lifts by bus and the amenities in Verchaix itself?thanks Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The ski bus doesn't go to Verchaix, you'll be reliant on your hosts to take you to and from the ski lifts. Verchaix really doesn't have much in the way of facilities. From memory, I think there is one, maybe two, restaurants and that's about it. For any more life you'd need to go into Samoens, which is a beautiful real (ie not just ski-driven) town.

Which chalet are you thinking of?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mmm, we thought so but the chalet is just what we are looking or but from what you say I think it's too remote,thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure which chalet you were thinking of, but in Samoens La Vieille Ferme is well worth looking at http://www.la-vieille-ferme.co.uk/

We didn't stay there, but visited during our stay at a chalet in Verchaix looking at it as an option for a future visit, having been very disappointed by our choice in Verchaix. We would certainly stay at La Veielle Ferme if returning to Samoens.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm. This is, I think, somewhat reflective of a trend I perceive in recent years of chalet owners/companies/etc. advertising rather out of the way locations as ski resorts. st Jean d'Aulps for instance.

Verchaix is a sweet little place, but it is not a ski resort, rather a sleepy hamlet vaguely near but a drive from some ski resorts.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yea, I think you may be right,some websites are done very well,entice you and then you have to keep asking questions regarding just how steep is the little hill back !! The small problem we have is that it is a big birthday for one of our party ands she has always wanted to rent a chalet with a hot tub and that ain't cheap !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you tried Alps Accommodation website? They have lots of chalets with hot tubs. Samoens is great, lots going on in the evenings in season too, shops, cafes, restaurants etc. but not too noisy or busy.
If you want to be car free then stay in Samoens as you can walk to the lift from some properties, if you rent kit from extreme glisses at bottom of gondola. Verchaix is nice but you really would need to drive everywhere.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks and after hours of trawling the Internet, asking questions, We have found a fab chalet in Chatel, for the first week in Jan. Sorted. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad to hear you're sorted Kiters, but for anyone else considering Verchaix, there is a free ski-bus that runs down to the lift station at Morillon and then goes on the the lift station in Samoens. It's pretty regular and goes from the bus stop outside the school. In previous seasons, it only ran in peak holiday weeks but now it runs all season.
Not much else happens in Verchaix though - there is a hotel/restaurant called La Terrasse run by an English couple (good reviews on TripAdvisor) - but not much else. A lot of ski chalets are even further up the hill from the village, so a car would be essential.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there anything else e.g. boulanger in Verchaix? We're looking at renting a chalet there. I don't mind getting a ski bus to the slopes but would like to be able to nip out firth thing for fresh bread.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I don't mind getting a ski bus to the slopes

see what sj1608 said above - it seems there isn't one.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Higs, be careful which bit of Verchaix you are looking at. The area around the D907 which has the O.T. And I presume the bus stop, or all the stuff up towards Verchaix-Haut which is not so connected. It's very sweet, but becomes increasingly remote. There is a ski bus... But from the Chef-Lieu, OT etc. Which I think is all on the D907 http://www.samoens.com/phocadownload/telechargement/skibus/horaires-navettes-skibus%202013-2014.pdf
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
get a car and drive each day
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I prefer p-tex as a base Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy