Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Mission Topsheets - Necessary?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alright guyst,

I've got a set of Scott Missions I bought second hand, they are quickly and badly delaminating from the front and from the edges. The topsheet isn't like a normal ski it's like a thick plastic layer, looks a bit like those holograms you used to get in cereal boxes.

My question is - is it necessary or can I just pull it off? It seems the whole ski is epoxy sealed inside so I can't see why I don't just remove the plastic cover. I've tried gluing it back but this only lasted a few days and now parts of the plastic are actually cracking off. See picture for illustration!

Cheers guys, I'm out in Morzine for the season and just want them to last another week or so, fed up of taping/gluing them daily now!

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it just a protective film, like you get on new mobile phones and the shiny edges on things like TVs and printers?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
grandmasterorge, A friend has a pair that have done the same thing. Take a knife to them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pieholeo - no it's a thick plastic glued on sheet, it's just coming off that's the problem.

AndAnotherThing... This is my plan! Just need to check here that I'm not going to be ruining the ski or getting the core damp or anything like that before I do it.

Any more info appreciated.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a known fault with brown picture of Jesus Missions due to top sheet delamination, I got a new pair from Scott.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Contact Scott and ask for advice... With a bit of luck you'll get a replacement.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic were yours second hand?

I've contacted them but they asked for a load of photos, which I sent, and a proof of purchase which I obviously don't have, now they've gone a bit quiet and I need to ski! Fed up of taping them every day as well.

Cheers,

George.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grandmasterorge, if bonded properly with Araldite 2011 or Hardmans Double Bubble Blue & clamped until cured they hold fine.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
grandmasterorge, problem is these were made in 2009/10 you would have to be original purchaser for it to be warranty I think.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeh I agree with you Cynic - although if you don't ask, you don't get! The first email response I had from them was within 1 day and this has been 5 or 6 days now, just wish they'd reply quickly so I could crack on with gluing/cutting them if they are out of warranty and getting on with skiing!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK so reply from Scott is rip the topsheets off and they will warranty them when I return to the UK. Top result and fantastic response from Scott - happy days!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
grandmasterorge, get in! They were very good with me supplied via snow and rock, slight problem The Mission is no longer made.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Slight problem/slight benefit? I was kind of wanting for a twin-tip anyway so with any luck they'll replace them with a modern day equivalent, maybe the Punisher?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Mission is being relaunched next season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy