Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for modern day equivalent of a Rossignol Saphir ski boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

My beloved old Rossignol Saphir ski boots are getting close the end of their life. The left boot liner is now so trashed that getting it back into the boot is a real struggle as the heal has pretty well collapsed (only just managed it after our last trip) so it's looking like this could be their last season Sad The shells are still in good nick and the soles were replaced recently so those parts of the boot are still happy. It's possible that replacement liners might be an option but in boots from 2001 I don't know if it's worth it or indeed whether modern liners would actually fit?

My Saphirs have never given me any pain and thus I'd like to replace them with something with as similar a shape/feel as possible. The only place I can find locally that stocks Rossignol is Decathlon (I'm in Edinburgh). The boots they stock all seem a *lot* more flexible than mine. My Saphirs have a ski/walk mode and once locked in ski mode there's very little flex in the boot. Based on this page http://www.sportsgearguide.com/scripts/alpinebootbrand.asp?b=Rossignol it looks like my original boots were maybe a 50 or 55 flex but modern boots with that rating feeling like floppy slippers and very different from my old ones.

I believe Rossignol and Lange use the same lasts? if so that means that I could perhaps consider Lange boots too?

Basically I'm wondering what my options are in particular:

* Would a modern liner work with an old school shell?

* If I need to replace the boots what brand(s) will have the closest last/flex to the Rossignol Saphir? I already know Scarpa Denalis and some Salomons are not my friends...

Cheers,

Fiona
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fiona, I'm not an expert...but I have just bought new pair of Rossignol boots and some Zipfit special liners because I have difficult feet - which means I have a spare and useless pair of brand new rossi liners sitting in my spare room. I can't quite bring myself to throw them away, it seems wasteful...but I don't know why I am keeping them. You are welcome to them if they are any good to try out with your shells. If they don't work for you there is nothing lost and they are out of my way (and in yours!)

They are labelled size 23 -23.5, cream furry inners. I take a UK 4.5 to 5 shoe.
These ones
http://www.rossignol.com/GB/GB/vita-sensor2-90_RB22210_product_alpine-women-boots.html

Post here or email me on janiceosborn24@gmail.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fiona

Just seen your plea. I have a pair of Rossignol Shaphirs in excellent condition size 265 if your interested call me.
01492 650112

Martin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My current boots are a 24 or 24.5 so the smaller liners might be worth a go. The 26.5 def. won't fit though.

Janice - I've sent you an email regarding this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fiona, They'll be winging their way on monday.
I <3 snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you very much. The liners seem to fit so it seems my boots a few more years left in them, Very Happy

Fiona
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Full marks to snowHead snowHead for making us both Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy