Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feldberg Germany

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A fantastic place for anyone like me who doesn't want anything too adventurous but which has the full range of runs from beginner to world cup and has lots of tow lifts (I have a phobia about heights but still want to ski!).

There is a collection of ski areas you can use. The pistes were immaculately prepared, signposted and the lift operators were friendly and really helpful. The lift queues were orderly, people were very polite and there was no pushing or standing on your skis. It's really scenic, with great views to the Alps on a clear day, great to ski through the trees. Food was excellent and good value, it had a great ski school and in short I can't wait to get back there.....problem is I might have to wait until next ski season, no money and no time.

Snow conditions were superb, the lower resorts had a few bare patches and rain at times but up on the Feldberg itself it was snowing and we had everything from packed powder to, powder at the beginning to middle of March. Conditions are even better now.....go if you can. [img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilliebean52/sets/72157633116544017/ Sorry couldn't work out how to add the photos but they are on my Flickr page.

Gillian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilliebean52/8600580251/in/set-72157633116544017
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gilliebean50,

Looks good for the kids, and cross country for Mrs M too. Where did you stay?

The Familotel Feldberger Hof looks like a place my monkeys would enjoy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gilliebean50, interesting. Not many Brits end up out that way. Do you live near there by any chance? If so then you should also try out the skiing at Todtnauberg and Schauinsland ( if you are lucky you can do the valley run there. Quite good ).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilliebean50, did you get the free ski pass with booked accommodation http://www.blackforesthighlands.info/card-en. This can save a family ££££ Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Giliebean, some else who has a fear of heights! I'm actually put off going to some French resorts because of access via their amazingly engineered cable-cars, which also means sickening height above the ground.

And tree-skiing - sounds really perfect. Thanks for the info.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used to ski this area regularly when I lived in Strasbourg. It is very underrated, but also suffers from quick melt at times. It is the warmest corner of Germany and when the weather is mild does not get the snow cover it always needs. Todtnau is also a great little place to ski, especially when it clags in! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, all other things aside the black forest is a lovely part of the world and well worth a visit even if not skiing. I lived in Freiburg for a number of years during my childhood. Great place. I would even consider moving back there from Munich if there was any work in my line. Unfortunately there isn't.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steilhang, I was based near Freiburg for a while as well (in Staufen). Great location but that whole corner is so expensive - I was told that many of Munich's millionaires move that way when they retire which might explain some of the costs! I prefer Bayern myself to be honest, but then I'm an out of toner any way! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy