Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Australian skiers face huge increases in mountain access costs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skiers using Kosciuszko National Park, which contains Australia's highest skiing at Thredbo and Perisher Blue, will pay increases of 65% to 100% in the cost of passes to enter the park.

The increases, to be staggered over the next two years, will fund a $250 million upgrade to facilities on the state's snow fields. This will include the largest upgrade to the country's "rooftop" since Kosciuszko National Park was established in 1944.

The rebuilding of water, sewage and road infrastructure, the release of an extra 520 resort beds and a major feral animal program will take 30 years to complete.

This report from The Daily Telegraph [New South Wales]

Any comments? I'm wondering if this is a unique charge internationally?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh no..!! Thats means we might see more of the b****rs over here...!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT wrote:

Most of us are already over here! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A large proportion of the lift ticket price in most US resorts goes towards the resort's annual fee (for the use of the land) paid to the US Forest Service, which they use to maintain the land. I'd imagine there are similar payments in other countries where the ski areas are on national parks, forestry land, or other government-owned areas?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bunsen wrote:
JT wrote:

Most of us are already over here! Twisted Evil

I thought most of you lot headed to N America for your skiing, easier to get to for one thing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy