Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Packing to Comply With Easyjet Luggage Allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
alex_heney,

That will reassure Mrs M - she's sure her cabin bag will be over weight.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flew from GVA last week with Easyjet. The guy in from had his ski boots attached to the outside of his rucksack, just dangling. Would never have fitted in the the box they use to measure size - not a word said, just sauntered on. The inconsistency is incredible really.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Easy Jet'ers
I've been just looking at the EasyJet site to see how I can make best use of the luggage allowance.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports-equipment
and also some diagams at http://www.easyjet.com/planning/baggage

From what I understand, if I pay £27 each way I can take an extra 12kG of sports equipment luggage.
or 32Kg

I can take a pair of skis ... as long as its one piece of sports equipment up to 32Kg

Skis polls & bag are 11kg
boots 5Kg
So I should be able to take a further 16 Kg of luggage in the bag ....i.e. 8 tins of figs for "vodka fiegens"

Has anybody ever stuffed there ski bag up to 32KG and not bothered with another bag in the hold?

There also doesn't seem to have a weight limit on the carry on baggage as long as it meets the size requirements.
I can't take liquids ...but I could fill it with any spare gold bars I have knocking about and deposit them along with all that other stolen stuff in Geneva.

Or have I misinterpreted the rules?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DrLawn, a friend I was travelling with got busted because of his over weight ski bag. When he was asked to open it he was acutely embarrassed as amongst other things in the bag were five frozen chickens.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah yes ! jbob,
I remember you posting something about the frozen chickens before!

Why was he embarrassed ... he could have said .. "they were only eggs when I packed them... but after queuing this long for check in no wonder!"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going to start playing "I packed my ski bag" quite soon now ...
like you jbob I'm counting the days now.

I got my ski boots out today and I cant understand why they caused me so much pain on the last outing.
But I'm going to get some new laces for them anyway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm flying into Geneva on Friday with Easy Jet.
I've paid for hold luggage and Sports Equipment which gives you a total of 32kg.
Having just weighed my Ski Wheelie Bag with 2 pairs of Skis, Boots and set of poles plus gloves, Race suit, Helmet, Goggles, pants etc etc...kept to a minimum it weighs 30kg... Doh!
My Boots weigh 5kg...so I was thinking of putting them in my Boot bag...which i'm using as hand luggage and filling that up with laptop and other day clothing.
Thus freeing up 8kg in my sports bag ( although I've paid for hold bag, i'm not going to take it, just put everything in Ski Wheelie bag) I'll use the 8kg for day and gym clothing... T' shirts, Trainers, shorts etc.

Anyone know whether this will be ok?

I've checked Easy Jet about weight allowances and it doesn't say you can't do it this way...as long as you've paid for both hold and sports equipment to get the 32kg allowance.

Any thoughts?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spud, I think the maximum for any one bag is 23kg. So you might need to spread your stuff out over more than one bag, but still keep to your 32kg limit.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4050/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3MjA5MzA1OC9zaWQvelRCeFh5dGw%3D

Please note that no single piece of hold baggage can weigh more than 32kg, due to health and safety restrictions, and no passenger can check in more than 50kg of luggage or 8 individual items.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud, if they are going to be @rsey about boots in hand luggage (Nice were for a friend in Feb), having them packed in a bag clearly labelled "ski boots in here" isn't going to help.

Boots fit quite fine into normal cabin carry on wheelies and I feel a robust conversation could be had over whether anyone was allowed to look inside who wasn't security.

Or wear them...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is fine, Easyjet is actually quite good with luggage compared to some of the airlines.
Max in one bag is 32kg, if you pay for ski carriage you can fit everything in the one bag.
Tecnically you always get 20kg allowance, you just need to pay for the bag to use it. When you pay for sports equipment this goes up to 32kg and you have paid for a bag as well!
here's the easyjet page confirming:
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4039/kw/sports%20equipment

I was fine with Easyjet from Bristol to Geneva with 32 kgs in one wheely bag on two trips last season... I had one boot in my snowpulse as that was all that fit! But I am sure two boots would have made no difference.
If they are difficult about boots maybe point out that you are able to take a motorcycle helmet onboard in carry on which i'd have thought cancels out any dangerous weapon arguments
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pete88, feck! How reasonable and sensible is that!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Everyone...Thanks so much for all the help. You guys are definitely better at navigating the Easy Jet website than me.

The links seem to confirm I can take one bag up to 32 kg and take my boots in my hand luggage...quote from Pete88's link...

'If ski boots are being carried without skis they can be accepted either within your normal standard hold baggage allowance, within your standard hand baggage allowance or as a sporting equipment item whichever is the more convenient option.'

Easy Jet seem to be very sensible here...which is refreshing to see.

Interesting to hear about the problem in Nice...it's the only place I've had problems with Easy Jet too....strange.

Appreciated Snowheads Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy