Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why do I keep falling asleep??? Is this altitude related?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
May be a totally daft question (I'm good at those! wink) but can altitude 'sickness' work in reverse? Left Saas Fee on Saturday afternoon and as soon as I hit Visp I started having trouble keeping my eyes open. This has continued all week ... whenever I sit down I start to nod off! (Yes, I know, don't sit down!!! wink) Seriously though, just wondering whether it could be the change in altitude?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps it's because Switzerland is so boring? And, by the way, I'm not a real doctor.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HelenS, how weird, never heard of that but then I'd never heard of "Mal de Debarquement Syndrome" - from the Daily Fail,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-368808/Mother-permanently-seasick-cruise.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
See a doctor? When my cousin had something similar (falling asleep all the time) it was some weird heart infection or something, quite nasty.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd just lay off the vin chaud Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you feel thirsty and go to the loo a lot? even if no go and see a physician!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I live about 3m above sea-level, I'm always tired - def. altitude related wink

Seriously, I don't know, but the air weighs more down at lower altitude (longer column above you), and your body should be under more air pressure so there might be something going on. I live near the coast and I don't know how much of an old wives tale it is, but my parents/grandparents always used to tell me that salt air was 'heavy air' and made you feel tired.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 27-03-13 22:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cynic wrote:

Yes - and I'm pretty much at sea level Shocked

But I've been tested for diabetes and all clear
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HelenS, I did that (fall asleep a lot) when I was pregnant... Toofy Grin

Coming down from altitude to sea level (I live slightly below sea level!) makes me feel full of energy cos of all the extra red blood cells I made when up high. The air does feel thicker though. How high were you and did you notice the altitude when you were there?
Could you be anaemic? Try multivits + iron for a few days.
Failing that, you probably picked up a virus on the plane. Or partied too hard!

Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cynic wrote:

If everyone who was still a bit tired a few days after a vigorous holiday went to see their physician the waiting rooms would be rather busy.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
T Bar wrote:

If everyone who was still a bit tired a few days after a vigorous holiday went to see their physician the waiting rooms would be rather busy.

WTF is a vigorous holiday? I have a frend who keeps going to Thailand, and often has to go to the clinic when he gets back, is that what you mean?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the thoughts and concern. under a new name, where did you find that??!

Can't say I felt particularly tired when I was there (my skiing's not that energetic! wink) and I'm not diabetic. The pregnancy thought had occurred as I was the same, but it's highly unlikely fortunately! The idea it could be something serious hadn't crossed my mind, but I don't think so.

Your collective comments though have made me realise the likely reason. I have low blood pressure, and obviously I'm used to that feeling normally as I live with it all the time, but altitude raises your blood pressure slightly of course as does being active all day (at the time). I suspect that having had higher blood pressure while away combined with mild dehydration travelling and since I got home ('cos I'm spending half the day asleep!) has made me very aware of the low blood pressure again. Lots more to drink today and some exercise to boost it temporarily should do the trick I think. Very Happy Thanks again.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HelenS, Might even be blood in the alcohol stream!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy