Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport of the year 2013 GENEVA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I love Geneva I can always buy people an Hermes picnic blanket if I cannot remember whether I gave them a Jaeger Le-Coultre reverso for micklemass.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only been in and out of Innsbruck once. On landing, we touched down and then the pilot poured on all power and we took off steeply again; that got the pulse racing. When we left, foggy weather led to an 8 hour delay and the airport was wholly unable to cope, understandably, with the crowds building up. Nowhere to sit, all the food and drink disappeared rather swiftly.

But yes, very nice scenery!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1) London City
2) Dallas Fort Worth
3) Calgary
4 ) Zurich

then most other airports - including Gatwick which is hugely improved

then

998) Geneva
999) Lyon Charter Shed

[ranking edited to reflect comments below... Wink ]

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 27-03-13 17:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I take it most peops are commenting on Geneva Charter shed?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, not entirely. I don't like the Scheduled side very much either -. The charter shed is marginally better than Lyons. Used to be a nice traditional restaurant in the main bit of GVA - had gone last time I went. Zurich beats it hands down. IMHO
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Only been in and out of Innsbruck once. On landing, we touched down and then the pilot poured on all power and we took off steeply again; that got the pulse racing. When we left, foggy weather led to an 8 hour delay and the airport was wholly unable to cope, understandably, with the crowds building up. Nowhere to sit, all the food and drink disappeared rather swiftly.

But yes, very nice scenery!

We had a similar(ish) episode at Gatwick on 9 Feb this year in a Monarch A330 which was just about to land when the captain informed the crew of a “discontinued approach” In his words he “came out of the gloop to find a Virgin 747 sitting on the runway”. It was all handled very well by the Monarch pilots but the view was completely crap compared to Innsbruck Smile

Edit: PS I should add that the flight was from Geneva. The comparison to Innsbruck was just incidental info/opinion wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 27-03-13 18:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

discontinued approach

Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoat of the dead, airside? I can't recall it.

Landside there still is a very nice restaurant.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

1. Munich
2. Zurich
3. Frankfurt
4. Dublin (great airport shame its barely used!)
5. Palma
175. Geneva

176 Grenoble shed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy