Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which jacket?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
eEvans, You are not the first person to say that. Not just a jacket, I went for the trousers and a gilet. Can't wait to get them wet for the first time - 24th Dec 2005, Tignes!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Couldn't find a jacket that fullfiled my 2 requirements, 1 to fit and 2 to not make me look like the michellin man, so I'm making my own Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What happens to down when it gets wet ? Does it retain all its properties once it has been dried ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mike.healy wrote:
What happens to down when it gets wet ? Does it retain all its properties once it has been dried ?

Eider no - I fluffed physics and ducked out of science at school Very Happy

Sorry, I'll go to my room
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CP, It keeps the ducks warm AND dry.

I got really fed up with wearing every piece of clothing I possess in order to keep warm in a shell in Jan/Feb and then having to divest myself of all these layers and find somewhere to put them in the restaurant for lunch. Last season I got a lovely, lined, toasty Degre 7 jacket and realised that I had the bonus of not having to lug another coat on holiday for walking around the resort at night.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mike.healy, As long as it is fluffed up down will regain warmth - lasts longer than synthetics.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ps My lined jacket has more pockets than my shell.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gordyjh, just dont let it out of your site in the bars, but it will still stink of fags in the morning
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mistermouse, after a couple of runs it will be aired.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CP wrote:
eEvans, You are not the first person to say that. Not just a jacket, I went for the trousers and a gilet. Can't wait to get them wet for the first time - 24th Dec 2005, Tignes!!

Well I am happy to report that the Keela kit ( jacket, gilet and trousers ) stood up to a fairly stiff test over the Christmas week. It was very cold especially up on the Grand Motte Glacier, temperature down at Tignes Le Lac was -20C one morning and there was a stiff breeze. I layered up and did not suffer any real problems with the cold except for my hands, which was my own fault for taking my gloves off to text somebody while on a chair lift.

I did however think that I had a problem with the trousers one morning. The area around where the dangly bits live got very very cold on the first few runs of the day. It took me until the mid morning hot chocolate break to discover that I had been low flying since breakfast rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing Well, we can't guarantee against user error sir Laughing

Very pleased you're happy with the kit! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy