Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 1800 - how are the slopes holding up? (holiday booked 6th April)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Having recently joined and recieved loads of good advice from you guys, I thought I'd ask another question!

I have just booked a late (and very cheap) holiday to La Plagne 1800 on the hope that the snow will hold out for the week starting 6th April. I have never been to here before so I'm not sure how easy the runs are high up (my son is OK with the blues at the moment).

I was just wondering if anyone is there / has just got back and really knows what the state of the slopes are & what the outlook is (it seems rain and warmer temperatures are due)

Sure we will have a good time even if the snow is not so good, but even so...

Any information MUCH appreciated.

Many thanks

Charlie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Homey, all is excellent no need to worry ...light snow over night snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Homey, Have you found the webcams for the resort? I had been looking at these as we are going out on the 14th.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Homey, there's plenty of snow all over at the moment - much better coverage than usual at this time of year. Just make sure you and your son have good waterproof gear.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Homey, Check the webcams, Montalbert often has two piste strips of man made snow by Easter snowHead
(there are no wecams in 1800, but Montalbert is lower so you get the idea! The nearest camera to 1800 is the Plagne Centre one)
http://perso-laplagne.fr/Webcams.htm
http://laplagne.livecam360.net/montalbert
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi
Thanks again - this forum is so good, always comes up trumps.
Only problem now is I doubt I'll get much work done for watching the snow conditions in real time on the webcam.
Good to know that they keep the man made snow going so late, I wasn't sure if they would bother so close to the end of the season.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Homey, if you haven't already done so, there is an App for La Plagne. It has loads of good info & in real time. I'm out on 3rd and going to Aime 2000... I can't wait and have the App open all day long with me just staring at the snow...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grandunion, But don't use the app in La Plagne on your UK phone unless you dont mind a mega bill (or get free wifi in resort) Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
grandunion, Please send an update when you get there, or just tell me the snow is excellent regardless - ignorance is bliss and all that...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We're off to La Plagne the same week, but staying at Villages. Hoping the extra couple of hundred metres will help a bit Smile

Never been to France so late before, scary! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well if you find it scary, as you point out, I'm a couple of hundred metres 'down stream' Shocked Shocked

I have already been advised to take waterproof clothing...

I have never booked to go away this late before & I really don't think I have the stomach for it, the suspense is killing me.

I am distracting myself from the snow & weather reports by studying the Glastonbury line-up.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Homey wrote:
grandunion, Please send an update when you get there, or just tell me the snow is excellent regardless - ignorance is bliss and all that...

Homey would you mind doing same for me as I am out there week after you? We are staying in Belle Plagne so nice and high but would still like an on the ground report if you don't mind?

Thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm currently sitting in an appartment in Belle Plagne getting ready to ski. It's absolutely dumping with snow at the moment after a magnificent day of sun yesterday. Snow has been brilliant all week and there's plenty of it. Forecast for the next few days are a bit iffy however with higher temperatures predicted.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ,

Bucket loads of snow - as some of the other reports have pointed out. Visability is a bit 'variable' shall I say, varies from goodish most afternoons to cr@p some mornings. But, for this time if year, the snow is really good.
Happy holidays!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Homey, great to hear, looking forward to flying out in Sunday Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy