Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The other Three Valleys question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to sort out a few things for next season. The 'other 3 valleys' has been on my list of places to go for a few years now. But is it better to stay in Champoluc, Gressoney or Alagna? And does anyone have any recommendations on places to stay?
We are a fairly mixed group, piste skiers rather than off piste, but I'm choosing the Monte Rosa area to try to tempt myself and others into a bit of off piste.
Mostly skiers rather than boarders. Tend to self cater but could do B & B. Not really into hotels but could possibly be tempted if its a good deal. We tend to DIY rather than package through a TO, but again, could be tempted for a good deal.
Après tends to be a bar rather than dancing on the tables.

Any suggestions extremely welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A gentle bump of my own post. I realise it has been the Easter break and many will be away. But does someone here know the Monte Rosa area? If not, I will tell you all about it when I get back. But first I have to go there and some suggestions on which town to be based at would be good. Plus some suggestions of (cheap-ish) places to stay
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JohnHSmith, none of the three villages is particularly lively. Of the three, Champoluc has the most bars (about six, I think). Gressoney has a church - and not very much else. Alagna is the village that time forgot. It is easy to travel from one end to the other (and back) - but the penalty for getting stuck in the wrong valley is significant. Six hour taxi journey from Alagna to Champoluc. Gressoney is most centrally located.

Alagna - and Punt Indren - is the starting point for the most serious off-piste - but to tempt people off piste, there is some great side of piste opportunities down the side of the del Colle (red) and Belvedere (blue). There are apartments in Champoluc - but haven't used them.

On balance, I would probably suggest basing yourselves in Champoluc.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JohnHSmith, should have added, I suggest that if you are venturing off-piste you take advice (or a guide) and all have transceivers, shovels and probes. If you do get caught in an avalanche, your best hope is that your party get you out within 15 minutes. By the time that the rescue crew arrive, it is almost always too late.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ayrshire Andy, Many thanks. I will do some research based on Champoluc.

I do like new areas to try
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only stayed in Alagna, but can recommend the Pension Genzionella. Run by a welcoming family, basic rooms but good quality half board at a very fair price. It's above the lift, about a 200 yd walk. There's a few bars in Alagna, but Val D'Isere it's not. Only downside is the church clock, take ear plugs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JohnHSmith, only ever stayed in Gressoney as it was 'central' so could ski over to Alagna and also to Champoluc. I do believe there is one bar in Gressoney now! We stayed here, run by the head guides Carlo (hence was the meeting point for guiding) and ski in/out, lift is literally outside the back door.

Make sure you stay in Gressoney La Trinité and NOT Gressoney Saint Jean as this isn't linked up to Alagna or Champoluc!!

http://www.hoteldufour.it/hotel_e.asp
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnHSmith, You may want to look at Snoworks who do instructional courses and go to Gressoney, particularly if you are in the early stages of off-piste.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Many many thanks to all. I will look at those options and thanks to DCG, for the suggestion. I am in the very very very early stages of thinking off piste so I will look at Snoworks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy