Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Belle Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to be in Belle Plagne from 14th April, I am after recommendations for a retaurant for the Chalet staff night off (especially one that will serve food at about 6pm - we have struggled with this in the past and if we are getting food any later the girls just get very grumpy and tired).

Also recmmendations for Ski hire shops (I know I asked this in another thread but just in case).

Finally recommendations for private instruction - I am still hoping to be able to book a private lesson near the beginning of the week (though I am hoping given it will be hopefully a quiet week in resort that I will get away with not actually booking until we are there just in case my knee won't work properly making instruction less beneficial).

Thanks for any other info about the resorts / area etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we like Le Cheyenne - its a bar too, kind of American Mexican theme. Nice and relaxed with the kids - or were you looking for something more sophisticated? Ice cream comes in plastic molded pots which are aliens, penguins, cows etc...kids like them! Lots of interesting stuff on the walls/ceiling to keep the kids busy too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That sounds great - no not worried about anything sophisticated, the kids love having I screams inside those things.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, you're not going to be spoiled for choice in BP itself so if Le Cheyenne suits go for it. It used to go topless and noisy a bit later - - - does that also tick your boxes? (EDIT - or am I getting it mixed up with somewhere else? Senior moment... EDIT 2 - Yes I am wrong - the topless bar is/was Le Saloon))

If I recall correctly there are only 2/3 ski hire places in BP. Nothing special. Branches of chains.

But it's still a good place to be based - especially that late in the season.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 25-03-13 6:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a great private lesson with Oxygene last year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugarmoma666, thanks for that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're going out two weeks today. I have a couple of private lessons booked through Reflex, who are apparently very good indeed based on what I have read on here. They're based in 1800 but can meet in the centre I think.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were in Belle Plagne in Feb.
Ate out at K2 which was nice and had no problem serving us around 18.30.
we got ski hire from Skiset (Belle Plagne Sports II) which was booked through the tour operator who were fine.
I had 3 great private lessons with Oxygene who have a meeting point in Belle Plagne.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sparklies, roguemazza, thanks both, I am taking notes. Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another mention for La Cheyenne - decent portions, good range, good service. Does get busy on chalet staff night off, unsurprisingly.

My preference would be Face du Nord - a smaller restaurant, so you'd need to book early. The food is really good. Nice atmos, too. On the pricey side, though.

Did you manage to sort out the ski hire issue?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have sent AlpinResorts the details they asked for on Friday, annoyingly they haven't emailed me back to confirm receipt. I will call again tomorrow if I haven't heard just to make sure it is being dealt with. I assume even if they transferred the money on Friday I wouldn't see it in my account until Wednesday?

I haven't booked my new ski hire yet. Trying to decide between the place through AlpinResorts and Sport2000 place through SnowBrainer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy