Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire, La Plagne 1800 - Sport 2000 ok ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Looking at hiring intermediate skis for me, and everything for the three kids for the Easter week in La Plagne 1800. Searching around online, Sport 2000 seems substantially cheaper (155 vs 200+ everywhere else). Anyone any experiences, good or bad with this shop, or have other recommendations?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We weren't impressed last year. The only boots that fitted me were a 6 year old model, very battered, and it was clear that my skis needed re-waxing by the 2nd day of ski-ing. They agreed to do it, but were grumpy about it. Hubby fared better, but overall we wouldn't go back again. It seems that their ski equipment is actually owned by Sport 2000 rather than the local shop, so they don't have an interest in that equipment themselves, and said they were not in control of new stock, etc. (hence their reluctance to wax skis, as it was the end of the season).

Oxygene ski school also does equipment hire. No idea of the prices, but the family in our chalet who used them for both ski school and hire raved about them, as they took total responsibility around the kids' equipment, and changed their skis during the week as needed without the parents needing to get involved.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy