Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Blues for nervous Dad but Bolshy kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning SH's. Well we're off to La Plagne in less than 2 weeks and we are all Very excited. We are staying at P&V in Aime which is our first Ski in/out holiday. Our 2nd family Skiing holiday... (Cham last year). I have done loads of research and downloaded Apps & Piste Maps so have pretty much a good idea of what to expect, but the only thing I can't gauge is which are the best pistes for our mixed ability group. The GF has skied many times but is more than happy to ski with the rest of us as we progress. The kids all had lessons before we went last year and also had a lesson in Chamonix so are pretty confident on reasonable blues as long as they are not too steep ( about the same for me), which runs should we start with in Aime which won't spring any huge surprises on us? Ideally nice wide sweeping runs with no huge drop-offs, we will get lessons in resort but there's nothing like having some insider info before we head off.. Cheers James
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

we will get lessons in resort but there's nothing like having some insider info before we head off.

the ski schools might be quite busy in the Easter hols, maybe best book something in advance, and if you do that early in the week you can ask the instructor to show you some suitable runs.

But a lot depends on conditions. I have done a few hours this morning in baking heat, when the same time yesterday it was quite cold. Pistes which were very easy to ski yesterday were much harder today with sticky snow - I wished I'd had the wit to put my Notwax - bought for just this sort of day - in my pocket.

In spring, some runs will soften earlier in the day and be nice for a bit before getting very slushy, then in the afternoon you need the more north and east facing runs which haven't been baking all morning - again, an instructor will point you in the right direction. If there's a very strong freeze/thaw it's not a bad idea to start a bit later in the morning, or risk having your fillings shaken out on hard frozen corduroy (or, if they are being lax with grooming, hard frozen ruts and heaps, which is worse).

But sitting on a terrace in the sun with a cold beer is ubeatable! Have fun.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nearly all the blues are exactly what you are after. My family is in a similar situation to yous and last year we really enjoyed capella and pollux (next to each other), and le levasset. All are easy and in v easy reach of Aime.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy