Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski instructers in Val d'idsere....any tips..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
well got accomodation sorted for a couple of mths, La daille- small studio...

any tips on good and moderately priced ski instruction in Val D'isere?

any to avoid?

ta!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ok ok i just seen it......I know i am in the 'wrong section'! will look over the ski schol tips bit and if I need hints will place message there!

duh!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.mountain-masters.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want top-notch BASI instruction then either Mountain Masters or The Development Centre are probably your best bets, though I wouldn't classify them as "moderately priced". Top Ski and Alpine Experience both have good reputations for off-piste, with Alpine Experience being th emore Anglo-Saxon.

Last year one of the top instructors from Whistler ( a coach on the highly regarded Dave Murray program) who has coached a number of different national teams was working for the ESF in Val and you could book him for a private at the normal ESF rate, which is a lot cheaper than the more UK biased schools. He was born in the Savoie but has spent most of the last 30 years in Whistler, so has a very North American customer focus compared with most ESF instructors. He also speaks perfect English! His name is Jacques Morel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My tip? I think you spell instructer with an "o"... I'll let you work out where to put it.

Top Ski, run by the indomitable Pat Zimmer are great. Avoid anyone that is cheap.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My wife had 3 mornings of excellent one to one lessons with Vincent from Top Ski. I don't think they are the cheapest available and their focus is more on guiding, but Vincent is a former racer with the French national team and was more than happy to concentrate on technique.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some good ski instructors are TJ Baird from Alpine Experience who has very moderate rates, Andreas Björklund from Snowfun, Martin Mckay who runs his own ski school and Didier Laroche (french but speaks fluent English) from Ski Lesson. Really there is no need to go with French only speaking instructors in Val. My home page has some of their contact details if you need more info:

http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Savoie/Val-D-Isere
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof, Andreas Björklund is now with Alpine Experience and is (I believe) about to start his second winter wih A.E.
See http://www.alpineexperience.com/guides.html

I have skiied a lot with Alpine Experience and highly rate them for off-piste instruction and guiding.

vis: Who do you want lessons for? What sort of skier are they? What sort of standard? What sort of lessons do they want?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adrian wrote:
davidof, Andreas Björklund is now with Alpine Experience and is (I believe) about to start his second winter wih A.E.
See http://www.alpineexperience.com/guides.html

I have skiied a lot with Alpine Experience and highly rate them for off-piste instruction and guiding.

vis: Who do you want lessons for? What sort of skier are they? What sort of standard? What sort of lessons do they want?

Good questions. AE also do 121 piste clinics.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dear Adrain in answer to your questions:

for me- intermediate- done 6wks skiing doing good on reds, so so blacks ( on last USA trip)
Little off piste in deep snow experince.
Looking for small lessons or even 1 to 1 stuff. 2-3 hours each day- so I can get to know runs in resort and practice on skills learnt in classes.
In Val D'isere for 4 wks-18th feb to 18th March so would want to build up to confident/safe black runs and powder skiing??

I have a friend who is coming for 10 dys end feb to March. Beginner- done a weekend or so when she lived in New Zealand. Really needs to have some basic principles introduced. she is pretty fit- runnign etc so I think that will stand her in good stead. Will be looking at again small group- consider 1 to 1.

The plan when my friend arrives is to have seperate lessons on some of the days- and meet up later to ski.

And all of this to be moderately priced!!!
I was spoilt- since got to go to Aspen for 2 wks this year- and got some fantastic teaching- which was good value due to the exchange rate.....not sure if I would find a match in Val D'isere?

lookign forward to your tips
Vis
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Vis, now we know a little of what you want we can provide better focussed advice, or at least I trust the other Snowheads can. My knowledge of what you would want is very limited. Have heard good things from customers of many of the ski schools, including Mountain Masters, Snow Fun, Evolution 2 and the ESF. Have also heard good things of Martin McKay.

Just checked the Val web site and got these link for ski schools and indepandant instructors
http://www.valdisere.com/gb/sejour/ecole/ecole.php
http://www.valdisere.com/gb/sejour/ecole/moniteur.php
You could have a look at their various web sites.

Given you want lessons in late February, expect to find the ski schools busy with half-term holidays. So it is worth trying to book before you travel (a few weeks before, if possible) otherwise you may find your choices somewhere between limited and non-existent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy