Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shall I book Westendorf or is there somewhere better.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while- it seems so helpful and friendly- this is my first post-

I took the kids (9,10,13) skiing in Alpbach this feb half term for the first time and we had an amazing time. It was a DIY trip (easyjet and guesthouse) I want to do the same thing next year but with more skiing and no busses! We loved Austria.- mountain huts, all day ski school, pretty village atmosphere.

I have found an affordable apartment in Westendorf for Feb half term (apart rabl) but I have to pay the money and I'm having a wobble! It seems that the skiing on the mountain might be a bit hard for my second week kids? are there enough cruisy blues? also the liftpass is expensive and the link through brixen to the rest of the ski welt looks like a faff if you can't ski down the red. Also worried about the snow situation as its so low.

My OH refuses to discuss this as he thinks I'm nuts for booking now (BUT lots of places are full already for half term). I really wanted hinterglemm but I just cant find an apartment near enough the gondola. Can anyone reassure me about Westendorf? or suggest somewhere better? (in my ideal world the village would have a public pool). I have also looked at Vaujany - small village link to big area but I skiied alot in france pre- kids and prefer the feel of Austria.

Thank you so much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nem, have a look at Warth-Schrocken. Monarch fly to Friederichshafen which is about 90 mins away, but you may need to sort your own transfers (although the tourist office should be able to help). If worried about the children being stretched (wherever you end up going) then try and fix up half-a-dozen dry slope sessions before you go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

It seems that the skiing on the mountain might be a bit hard for my second week kids?

If you book them into the ski school then the instructors will find the right terrain for them. I wouldn't worry about that, and for half term I think booking well ahead makes sense, if you know exactly what you want.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh, sorry, should have added, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nem, don't worry about it being low, at half term the snow will be fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like Westendorf (at least as much as Hinterglemm). The altitude is not a problem (really). Don't worry about the link to Brixen, the skiing is better in Westendorf anyway. Cruisy blues... Depends what you mean by cruisy I suppose. Overall Saalbach/Hinterglemm does have more crusiy pistes than Westendorf, but my Mum manages to ski the majority of Westendorf just fine, and she has major confidence/fear issues. I don't think a third-week skier (especially kids, who don't typically get 'the fear' too much) would run out of suitable terrain. Btw, the blue 111 is my favourite piste, out of all the the resorts I've skied.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in Westendorf a couple of weeks ago. Blue 111 is now my favourite ever ski run, pushing double m in tignes into second place.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy