Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go Pro evolution

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning on buying a Go Pro and not sure if timing will be an issue. Probably will not use it a great deal during the summer so maybe will be ok with the larger size 2 version for biking etc. However for my ski trips next winter i would probably prefer the smaller version 3.
does any one know what plans gopro have for their next models and when they will be released and will they be smaller than the 3? i am thinking that if there is a version 4 by the end of this year (or when ever) then i will be better off waiting and buying a second hand version 3 later in the year when the 4's have been released.

hope this makes sense - i know it does to me wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
been away for a while due to some medical issues. I can't see a HD4 coming out this year as the HD3 was such a major step forward, when they do the HD4 is most likely going to be a serious bit of kit with a price to match. I think Gopro are going to concentrate the next 18 months on resolving their hardware build and software development issues now that they have brought much more of it directly in house.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1, thanks for the reply.
maybe i can pick your brains a little more on this. I am looking at changing from a bullet cam to the HD3 but not sure if i should go for the silver or the black. I am sure i will not use the sperdooper filming ability of the black but it seems that if i want the remote (with the silver)i am almost at the same price of the black. I will be buying in the states where they are all cheaper than the UK - a silver will cost me approx £160-170 new and a remote about £50, the black will cost me about £250 inc remote.
One thing i do want to be able to do is have the cam on my helmet but check what view it has so that i dont end up with hours of recording looking at the sky because the angle was set wrong. does the remote have any type of visual view or will i need to see this through an app on a smart phone? will the app work on a blackberry? hav elooked into this a little but cant find the answer about a blackberry.
thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MogulMonkey, my 10 cents.
Why not have a look at the Contour+2 as an alternative. Bluetoothed remote to android or iphone with view of what the cam is seeing, or built in laser alignment. Two adjustable presets you can move between on-the-fly for FPS and field of view control. Image quality is up there with the GoPro, Price point similar too. One touch power/record control. Less obtrusive form factor too imv. I replaced my old analog bullet with one this year. Natively water resistant, waterproof housing included good to 40m.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In addition to te GoPro, also take a look at these

iOn Action
Drift
and
Contour
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sportpursuit were having a GoPro sale recently
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MogulMonkey,

In reality, apart from a few things (form factor, built in wifi to name 2) the Silver is as near as damn it to a HD2, With the HD2 you can use the app on the iphone or Android devices. There is no official APP for the blackberry, but I have written my only little one to allow both live preview and also to enable me to get the images directly off the camera without needing to remove the card or connect to a computer.

The HD3 changed the file structure and security and you can at the moment no longer live-preview or directly access the files on the HD3. You can still use the official or unofficial apps on Andriod or IOS to live preview what the cam is shooting.

If you really don't need the upgraded quality, features and form factor of the HD3 then I'd go for a discounted or 2nd hand HD2. If you really want the HD3 form factor then personally I'd stretch to a HD3 Black if you can.

In terms of the form factor, there really are no issues with 'other peoples perception' IMHO as so many people are now wearing them they have really just become almost the norrm, whether they be bullet cams or the other form factors such as the Gopro. I am I hope fairly consistent in my opinion that the Gopro not only offers the best quality of image but also the most versatility in terms of mounting. Sure if you just want to use it as a helmet cam for skiing, or as a pole mount then the others are really good options, but if you want the maxiumum image quality and options for mounting then the Gopro HD3 Black is the choice of champions.

But I am openly biased towards them as I have been using them and letting other use them for a number of years.

My daughter wore a HD3 black during her ESF lessons with Esprit on our recent trip to 1850...
http://youtube.com/v/k8JhtMjnKRs
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with a lot in thse posts but having used quite a few different cams,
Quote:

Image quality is up there with the GoPro

that bit is just dangly bits though. Nothing comes even vaguely close to the GoPro 3 Black in terms of pic quality. Though you might not notice it too much if you're just going to be watching on youtube on a screen with less than HD resolution.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy