Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serial Killer in LDA

Poster: A snowHead
I dined will a Ski Instructor/Boot Chappie, last week. He claimed, there had been a series of unexplainable deaths in LDA over the last few years. Apperently the gendarmerie are now looking into the possibilites of there being a serial killer in the resort. Firstly, you guys having just been out ther, did you all come back? Secondly did you hear anything of this? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER, What part of the USA is LDA in?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
clive ward wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

Les Deux Alps. In France. There's a serial killer in every resort in the states. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I can confirm that all SnowHeads who arrived last week also left LDA again. No mention of unexplained deaths though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, Although one small snowhead was nearly decapitated by a skier wearing devil horns ...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kamikaze, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I dined will a Ski Instructor/Boot Chappie, last week. He claimed, there had been a series of unexplainable deaths in LDA over the last few years.

The deaths have been explained but maybe the explaination - drunk person falls over cliff at 2am, is incorrect.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone choked on their weetabix, does that count.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cereal killer
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is this a wind-up?!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nope it looks like a diesel to me
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Simon L wrote:
Nope it looks like a diesel to me
Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I dined will a Ski Instructor/Boot Chappie, last week. He claimed, there had been a series of unexplainable deaths in LDA over the last few years. Apperently the gendarmerie are now looking into the possibilites of there being a serial killer in the resort. Firstly, you guys having just been out ther, did you all come back? Secondly did you hear anything of this? Twisted Evil

and which 'Restaurant' where you dining in? We do hear stories of 'interesting ceps being served in Cham wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How interesting - I shall check carefully next time I go out in case a wheetabix box is stalking me. AFAIK there are no unexplained deaths - I will have to go to the Gendarmerie on the pretext of looking for my bike and ask. Shock Shock
snow report
easiski, ???? You lost it last year!!
snow report
paulmck, Yes - but they haven't found it yet! Good excuse though! wink
snow conditions
The Les Deux Alpes "serial killer" has struck again. This time the body of a missing 22 year old British tourist has been found in les Deux alpes in the Combe de Venosc. William, who had been taking part in an inter-university ski competition, dissapeared on Wednesday but the police were only told on Friday by members of his party that he had gone missing. Two people have already been found dead in the Combe in the last 10 months. Police are said to be keeping an open mind about the most recent death but alcohol played a role in the previous incidents.

Police in the Rhone-Alpes have recently taken a more stringent line with investigating accidents in the mountain believing that it is the ideal environment to commit the perfect murder. They suspect that more than one incident in recent years was down to foul play.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 9-04-06 16:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Makes sense...
snow report
Quote:
alcohol played a role in the previous incidents

In that case the serial killer could have been busy striking other resorts and possibly has landed in UK earlier than the bird flu.
snow conditions
davidof, Certainly the guy they found there last summer had been last seen exiting the Avalanche at around 4am somewhat the worse for wear. If this student had been behaving anything like most of them then he was likely pi**ed as a fart too. Of course there's the cross there where the two chalet girls fell off the cliff many years ago ..... that cliff and cliff path seems to have a fatal attraction for the drunk. rolling eyes rolling eyes

there were a french couple lost in the mountains a few years ago (their car was clamped in the car park), and there's a car that's been left and clamped outside my next door building for about a week... How much fowl play can we stand?????
snow report
easiski, mustn't forget the paint stripper being served up instead of Genepi Shocked Confused (What happened to that restaurant?)
latest report
easiski, quite a lot by the look of this site Very Happy
snow report
I once went to a murder mystery party where the scenario was "death on the piste". I did it. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
there were a french couple lost in the mountains a few years ago (their car was clamped in the car park)

There was a friend of a friend... Monty Montgomery, an ex-pat living in Grenoble... or some such name who dissapeared at the same time as a French woman and the Daubé was running luride stories of how they eloped together. In the end a man walking his dog on a path above the Chambon found the woman's masticated hand poking out of a nevé and a big search by the Gendarmerie found the man a bit further up the couloir a few days later. It seems he had been off on a naughty weekend's skiing and nookie with his French mistress and they had got lost on the mountain in poor weather and slid to their deaths. My friend used to house sit for the man and his wife in Meylan.

Sometimes there are quite poignant spots in the mountains. I saw a glinting on the shoulder ridge of a mountain called the Grand Colon a few days ago. This mountain dominates Grenoble. Climbing up I came across this neat little cross and kairn:

I think it marks the spot where a neighbour of my parents-in-law died in an avalanche in 2004. I hadn't seen it last year so I imagine his friends went to the spot last summer. On the other side of the same mountain there is a little kairn with a tibetan flag where a man was killed by a mud slide last August.
latest report
PG, Being recommended by the SCGB and Mark Warner! My clients ate there (although I warned them not to risk it) and declared it OK but overpriced.

Nick Zotov, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

davidof, Never did hear the end of the story before. Interesting that they found them miles away from where they were originally looking. They didn't tell anyone where they were going or when they expected to be back, and weren't missed for a couple of days as far as I remember. It was after the car had been clamped for several days that the police checked out the number and found out that the owner had been staying in Auris(?) That's what I heard anyway, but it might have been Oz.
latest report
The serial killer has struck again, this time a 27 yr old British season worker after a night of heavy drinking. He is the 9th victim in recent years of the notorious Combe de Venosc killer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12305230
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I felt like killing myself while I was there - is LDA twinned with Bridgend?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Details:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12305230
http://www.2alpesnet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=8658&id_back=1

He was working for Skiworld. I think we can probably leave out the whole serial killer thing though.
ski holidays
Lizzard, agreed, very sad for his family.
snow report
Very sad but why tag the story onto a 5 year old rather sinister and probably cowdoo thread?
ski holidays
The "Serial Killer" tag is apt! I enjoy a drink but it would appear that we should advise our younger friends of the effect of drinking excessively in the mountains! My thoughts are with those that lost loved ones on the mountain through lack of knowledge. A sad waste of life!
snow report
Very, very, sad. Poor, daft, kid. Sad
snow report
pam w, the man was nearly 30. Hardly a kid.
ski holidays
Booze certainly is a Serial Killer Skullie
latest report
Boredsurfing, nah too much milk is.
snow report
Lizzard, I suspect he was a bit of a kid, actually - certainly behaving like one, from the sound of it. I tell you, when you have offspring that age, you tend to think of them as kids. One of my lads had several kids, a full time engineering job and a big mortgage at that age. The other could well have been "tired and disoriented" in a ski resort at 0430 am. Indeed I'm sure he was, as he spent two seasons working. Fortunately he didn't fall down a ravine; but that was maybe good luck.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy