Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello need help for to find snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In beginning of April I'll be in Austria, and it could be a good chance to renew myself with new snowboard. I try to understand which one is good for me, and I'm a bit confused. I'm doing mainly freeride, my shoe size is 10, and my weight 150 pd. my board at the moment is Nitro Misfit Wide, I feel with it very good on powder, on ice and on piste, I feel a bit less stable. I was last week in Chamonix and in one of the shop the recomend me to change the board to standard board instead of wide board, in this shop, I have seen very stiff board, K2 Peace Keeper, maybe this kind of board could be the best for me ? or maybe I have already the ultimate board for my need ?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah you don't need a wide board with size 10 feet. The width is what's helping in powder but its also making it hard for you to get good edge pressure on ice and hard pack. Also I'd say you don't really want a super stiff board. Mid flex will be fine speed wise and a lot more fun, forgiving and easier to control.

I'd say the Turbo Dream would be a lot more fun than the Peace Keeper.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
after I'm digging in the subject of the snowboard I have realized that there is some all mountain board that could fit to me, it should be quite stiff but not too stiff, the size 158-161 cm, still I don't know how to choose the Profile of the board, Hybrid, Camber, etc. also I have seen that there Regular, Mid, Wide so maybe wide is too wide, but the mid could be well ?
some boards looks well:

1. RIDE SLACKCOUNTRY UL Snowboard 2013 161cm
2. NITRO THIEF Snowboard 2013 161cm
3. NITRO BLACKLIGHT GULLWING Snowboard 2013 160 cm
4. PALMER HONEYCOMB Snowboard 2013 158 cm
5. PALMER PRO Snowboard 2013 159 cm
6. FLOW SOLTITUDE Snowboard 2013 161 cm
7. GNU METAL GURU Snowboard 2013 158 cm
8. SALOMON MANS BOARD Snowboard 2013 159 cm
9. Ride Highlife UL Snowboard
10. Never Summer SL Snowboard
11. Jones Mountain Twin Snowboard
12. K2 Turbo Dream Snowboard 159 cm
13. K2 ULTRA DREAM Snowboard 2013 161cm
14. YES Pick Your Line Snowboard
15. nidecker MEGALIGHT SC

all of those looks well, if someone could focus me, or all of them are the same more or less ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy