Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, how long, or short are skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sofia, If it helps, I'm 140lbs --- ski on anything from 155 to 181. Short for slalom on plastic, and longer for snow, and longer still for powder. Mrs Ski (mentioned above) is about the same weight as you, bit shorter, skis most of the time on 174 for alpine and 170 tele. She trys never to ski on the piste tho.

It seems to me the answer is 160. You just have to work out what the question is !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sofia, skis don't know how tall you are...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name, Don't say that! I've just decided to go longer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went from relatively narrow all mountain skis (74mm waist) to new skis with an 88mm waist. I thought that they might be trickier on ice but I've found them much easier to handle everywhere! Only downside is that they're slightly slower when flat on the snow, specially in wet/slushy conditions. But crud is an awful lot easier than it used to be. My new skis are Fischer Watea 88 - Blues have (or had) them and the female specific version (Koas) at less than half price. Phone your local Blues shop for stock info - they don't seem to list all their skis on the Tiso website.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dear All!
My parents have just bought me some second hand, but very new Salomon X-Kart skis (2012) without asking me or consulting with me.
I am stunned and a bit speechless right now! 164cm!
Initial research seems to be that these are pretty good skis! And I shouldn't look a gift horse anywhere, so I am surprised and pleased!
Shocked

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 26-03-13 17:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 174 cm and about 58 kg. My skis are from 160 cm (slalomy type) to 174 cm (GS type), most of them are around 170 cm. The only short ones (160+) are: my first skis, my first telemark skis and the "slalom skis" (I never use anyway but my 156 cm friend skis them so I haven't sold them).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy