Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One-time ski bum could create "USA's largest ski area"

Poster: A snowHead
A shrewd landowner near Lake Tahoe, who arrived in the area as a ski bum, is holding a key plot to connect Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley. This would produce a 6000-acre combined ski area. That, it's claimed, would be the largest in the US (Whistler-Blackcomb in Canada is the biggest in north America overall):

http://www.news10.net/news/article/235834/2/Tahoe-could-become-largest-ski-location-in-US?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
White wolf isn't the easiest terrain for intermediates and is looking a bit threadbare at the moment. Alpine fans are hoping it doesn't happen I understand as they don't need Squaw punters popping over for a couple of hours.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As long as they don't derail my Aviemore 2022 plans then that's fine!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The first two created Vail.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In answer to your statement, No it wouldnt create the largest US ski area, and being a journo with ski interest I would have thought you would have known that. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Comedy Goldsmith, any other points you want to respond to ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
posting removed, due to cock-up

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 17-03-13 0:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nickski wrote:

No, not really.

Bones wrote:
In answer to your statement, No it wouldnt create the largest US ski area, and being a journo with ski interest I would have thought you would have known that. Madeye-Smiley

A quick Google reveals that Powder Mountain and Vail are stated to be between 5000 and 5500 acres, so which one did you have in mind ... or are you saying that Squaw Valley+White Wolf+Alpine Meadows would be less than 6000 acres?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Squaw could easily increase their lift served skiable acreage by opening Silverado/ Brokey everyday but the asswipes keep them on money hold most of the time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This "news" had been done over to death when Squaw bought Alpine a year ago.

He was holding out for a better offer then. Everyone can see it's only a matter of time it would be bought off. It looks like he got what he wants...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
abc wrote:
This "news" had been done over to death when Squaw bought Alpine a year ago.

A comment which has ironic value, because the linked TV news report above - filed two days ago - was produced by abc. Clearly abc does not agree with abc.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Nickski wrote:

No, not really.

Bones wrote:

A quick Google reveals that Powder Mountain and Vail are stated to be between 5000 and 5500 acres, so which one did you have in mind ... or are you saying that Squaw Valley+White Wolf+Alpine Meadows would be less than 6000 acres?

Interestingly, I've heard that Powder Mountain is between 7000 and 10 000 acres depending on what and where you read it.

The Summit Group when they purchased it last year stated 10 000 but generally its held that it is 7000 acres. now the extra 3000 could be non skiing terrain which they plan to build on, but they are also considering leasing more land to build on IIRC. either way $40 mill seems cheap for the place.

If I'm wrong then I appolgise for doubting your research and statements.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok they are going to link two very small ski areas with a smaller bit in the middle, you still end up with less than Combloux, but with a lift ticket twice the price of the three valleys Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was there earlier this season, you can actually ski from alpine to squaw already with a bit of a walk. Local opinion didn't seem to be that people were that happy about the link. Great area though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Was there earlier this season, you can actually ski from alpine to squaw already with a bit of a walk. Local opinion didn't seem to be that people were that happy about the link. Great area though.
latest report
I was at powder Mountain in January.

Very friendly, low prices. Huge skiing area, loads of snow cat reached areas as well as the very large lift served.

Includes large area of green-level tree/powder fields, even more blue, and then all the black and double black runs
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, you're all right, the US passed on hosting the Olympics that year already ... I think.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy