Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland gears up for phenomenal Easter/post-Easter skiing [re-titled thread]

Poster: A snowHead
Around 4 inches of fresh fell overnight on CairnGorm giving a fantastic start to the last weekend of April on Saturday. There is still great sport to be had for all ability levels with an range of green, blue and red terrain on offer. You can get in 1300ft vertical all on green runs with great cover from the top of the Ptarmigan Tow back to the mid-station for a long cruise for improving intermediates up (also more agreeable than bumps when you ate too much lunch Embarassed ). Only down point was the West Wall Poma not being open - the track is complete, the Ciste Gully and East Wall loaded so this may change.

^Green Red and Blue (some black if the West Wall Poma opens too). Ciste Fairway and buried snow fences on the upper mountain.

^Boarder on one of about 20 features in the Ptarmigan Terrain Park.

^Infamous Coire Cas Gunbarrel still filled flat!

More: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=902

More links, more pix, Glencoe pix and reports on here in the Scotland Thread in the snow reports forum.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just a quick note, its snowing currently at both CairnGorm and Glencoe!! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really tempted... I've just done a L1 BASI and want to go straight onto my 2 - the instructor said this would be fine but reccomended a week of training on a couple of points he picked up on on the final day. I was about to hop on a plane back to VT as I've still got a season pass for there... Could I get away with it in Scotland? I need steeps - red/black type terrain both on piste and by the sides of it. Would save me a lot of money if I could, and I'm keen to go back to Edinburgh on the way home.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

Skis and skins in carpark, alas so is a large rucksack with monitor, laptop and various bits for trying to get the Summit webcam back on, so perhaps not many runs!! Glencoe reopens the ski tows on Sat 4th May, CairnGorm Mountain is open daily for snowsports and Nevis Range will review Thursday or Friday whether to open for snowsports at the weekend.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You're a star, Alan. Good luck with your mission. And that photo is about as gorgeous as it gets.
For me, those runs off the top of Glencoe have the perfect gradients.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The White Lady is still wide and deep, temperature is rising and the bumps are building:

^Bring the suncream and shades and help build the bumps bigger on Tuesday!!

^Charging the spring snow bumps on the M1 SideTrack enroute to the White Lady.

^Plenty things to play on in the Ptarmigan Terrain Park from a few ride on novice boxes to huge kickers for advanced park riders.

Full Report & Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=907

More Pix from H11lly: http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3604
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winterhighland, thanks for all your posts and pics here on snowHeads as well as in your main website. They're appreciated.

Long time since I did Scottish skiing - when it's as nice as your pics immediately above, it's great. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another bluebird Tuesday on CairnGorm Mountain, definitely not a day to have forgotten the suncream and shades as Aviemore nudged past 20c and the height of the bumps on the White Lady was rising with along with the temperature. However the White Lady's not the only show in town:

^Hitting one of 11 rail / box features in the Ptarmigan Terrain Park. There is also a pipe jib, tyre jib and two huge kickers with graded take offs. There are 3 short ride on wide boxes suitable for newcomers to all things park, plus some berms and rollers in the Ciste Bowl.

^The main attraction - the White Lady still wide and deep.

^Parklife.

Full report & Pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=908
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scotland's not done yet, CairnGorm Mountain is open daily with 1300ft lift served vertical (more if your prepared to do some lift assisted hoofing such as the Ciste Gully), get up and play while you can. There's still options for all ability levels, but if either Parks or Bumps are your thing, then you definitely don't want to miss out on a bit more sliding this season. Come and help build these bumps bigger on the White Lady!!

^Part of the Ptarmigan Terrain Park. 11 rail / boxes, jib features in total, plus 2 large kickers with graded take offs.

^Good long cruise to the middle via Traverse and Coire Cas. Traverse and Gunbarrel loaded, middle of Coire Cas getting narrow. White Lady still the pick for more advanced riders.

Funicular for access (and mid station stops for uplift), M1 Poma for the Lady and Cas, and the Ciste and Ptarmigan T-bars in the Top Basin, plus not forgetting the Polar Express Trainer Tow scheduled for Friday. Might be some fresh on the tops tomorrow morning!

Full report & more pix: http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=909
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Since my wife will be lecturing in Germany it is very tempting to go up next weekend if there is still substantial snow a week from now.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball It's turning colder this week - with the possibility of heavy snow above 600metres.

We were really pleased with the amount of terrain available on Saturday - and there's a massive descent of the Ciste Gully available if you are prepared to hike out or skin back up. All being well weather-wise we could well be back up at the weekend.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mid May and Scotland's not done yet, with cooler temperatures, sunny spells and some snow showers with fairly light winds, if you can get up for a mid-week slide on Wed, Thu or Friday go for it, there's still a selection of green, blue and red terrain on offer with 1300ft of vertical from the top of the area to the mid-station of the Funicular. For Wed the following lifts are scheduled: Funicular, M1 Poma (for White Lady and Coire Cas), Ptarmigan and Ciste T-bars (for Top Basin) and the Polar Express Trainer Tow.

^M1 Poma not going quietly into Summer...

^White Lady: When some of the bumps are bigger than you, they are mountains! snowHead

^The usually infamous Coire Cas Gunbarrel still flat, top two Zig Zags available to avoid the steeper 2/3rds of the Gunbarrel if you wish.

More photos from H11lly: http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,3610
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am about to leave for Scotland. moffatross, and Winterhighland I sent you my mobile number by PM. If you or any other snowhead are interested to meet tomorrow (Friday) or ski with me and Jungle on Sat or Sun please get in touch. Not sure if I'll be on a computer or not but one of the two mentioned can give you my mobile number. Friday looks good but Saturday may be a bit wet at times - depending on freezing level - and Sunday good though possibly a bit warm.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Friday looks good but Saturday may be a bit wet at times - depending on freezing level - and Sunday good though possibly a bit warm.
Winterhighland website says that Sunday will be the last day of lift-served action at Cairngorm...... Sad

Just a shame that the snow couldn't hold out for a Whit Bank Holiday weekend slide..... rolling eyes

Still, it's been a great season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^ thought they were just scaling back to weekend opening after this weekend. Plenty of snow left, it the punters who are thin and patchy
snow report
Cheers barry: I'd misunderstood the wording on Winterhighland, which says
Quote:
Sunday is planned to be the last day of daily snowsport operations on CairnGorm Mountain.
I'd wrongly taken that to mean that this weekend would be the last couple of days of snowsports.

Also, the Winterhighland headline doesn't help: The end is neigh (sic) - Get up Friday if you can.'

However (and happily), Cairngorm Mountain website confirms:
Quote:
Ski area opening at 10am now with a reduced snow sports ticket price of £20 for an adult, £18 for student/senior and £15 for a junior. Half-day tickets are no longer available. After Sunday 19th May, snowsports will only be available at the weekends.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy