Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tirol Taxi / Four Seasons Travel - Advice Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy All

Family trip to Hochfugen arriving at Munich airport on the 31st March and I was planning on hiring a car, but then found www.tirol-taxi.at or Four Seasons Travel.

Works out at a bit cheaper than car hire, plus having someone else drive us there and back instead of yours truly will probably be beneficial for the me / family relationship Very Happy

Was wondering if anyone had used them and what the experience was like? My main concern is that we may be waiting about for a few hours whilst they wait for additional flights to come in to make the transfer worthwhile...

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mauddib, they are excellent. Unlikely you'll be waiting for anyone else.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They're very good. They won't keep you hanging around
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mauddib, I see them on the autobahn all the time. Good safe drivers who will get you where you you want to be fast. They also know all the work arounds, having followed them a couple of times when we hit jams! Toofy Grin

The vehicles I've seen all seem to be in excellent condition and never filled with people, the most I've seen in one minibus was about 6 people.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks All
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used them a couple if times. No issues at all
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have also used them in the past - and if its getting late and people for more than one place then they have an ordinary taxi waiting somewhere and they offload one lot so everyone arrives a bit sooner. No worries about them at all.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just had a dreadful transfer experience with this company and we will never use them again. We waitd with 3 kids aged 8 months, 3 and 6 years 40 minutes for another passenger. I thought I had booked a private transfer but despite being charged the exact same money the company said I hadn't. The van we traveled in was dreadful with no air conditioning and no windows at the back you could open. The other passenger sat in the front beside the driver and refused to open her window. After about 40 minutes my 6 year old started to feel really sick so the other passenger opened her window then! Complaints to the company were greeted with rude uncaring attitude. They simply couldn't have cared less that we had to wait so long with 3 young children and then be brought to the other pass angers hotel first wasted more time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know plenty of people that have used them and had good value for money. I suppose they were not travelling with children, which is a consideration. The train would probably be similar money and you would have to carry your stuff. I think what they quote on the website for the shared transfer, is a pretty decent deal even if you have to wait a few minutes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
40 minutes, really, how very much dare they. Everyone with kids think they have booked private transfers when normally they havn't. We used to sub some work to them and they do a good job.

Andy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't know about you but €318 doesn't sound like decent deal to me - my return flight to dublin half the price!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
not a fan of them either.....used them for a trip to mayrhofen in Jan and despite the driver having all the address details he dropped us at the train station and told us to get a taxi from there! when i complained.....it was pitch black and we had no idea where we were going, he just said "i'm not allowed in the village, you must use taxi"

total crap....not impressed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GC13, not clear which airport you were arriving at and where you were going but it looks like just over 30 euros a head each way which seems quite reasonabl for a shared transfer. This is about the same as people round here are being charged for a shared transfer from GVA.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think a private taxi from Mayrhofen is 350 each way for 4 people. The train is about 40 each way and the shared transfer with tirol taxi is 85. You can get a munich to zillertal special on the train if you book in advance for 19 euro each way. If not, one way of the other it is going to cost you a around the 80 euro return from Munich. enduroaid, That does not sound good, I would be hacked off with that as well. What did head office have to say? They are always picking up and dropping off in town and so sounds like the driver couldn't be bothered.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
I don't know about you but €318 doesn't sound like decent deal to me
Nor me, so why pay it? Especially with car hire at Munich generally coming in at £120 -£150 a week..... wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy