Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flythompson advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all

Has anyone flown with Thompson/Thomas cook recently to Geneva? We booked flights a couple of weeks ago and opted for luggage (£35) and ski equipment (£50). There was no weight against the ski equipment (unlike golf at 15kg) so I called and was told the weight depends on the plane. Not hugely helpful.

I tried again today but the helpline was busy so went for online help. They told me the following:

Hold luggage 20kg
ski equipment 15kg

BUT if you take one big ski/board bag it can weight up to 30KG.

Had I known that at the time I would have just gone for 30KG board bag and no luggage but I then asked if I could take a 20kg hold bag and 20kg wheeled board bag and the answer was an adamant NO, it can only be 15kg as I was taking hold luggage.

In order to make 15kg I will probably have to buy a thin board bag and take the absolute minimum but has anyone made this trip recently? Is it likely they will penalise me if I go 20kg/20kg?

It should be made much clearer at the time you are booking although i will remember next time I do a 3 night trip that i can take a 30Kg board bag!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Davecon70, Flew in February of this year (gatwick/geneva), check in didnt seem bothered as long as no individual piece went over 20kg and as the ski/board bag had to be checked seperately in a diff area of the airport, it was just pushed through without worry, it was under 20kg (just).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Davecon70, Do you mean Thomas Cook or Thomson - they are two different and separate companies?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oops! I meant fly Thomas cook!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When I flew Manchester to Salzburg with Thomas Cook in January, they didn't weigh my ski bag in either direction.

As that was part of a package, the weight allowance was theoretically 15Kg for the "main" hold bag plus 12 for the ski bag. My main bag was almost 2Kg over on the way out, and they didn't say anything about that either.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most have clause which says will not transport bag over 23kg
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic, I think you will find very few with such a clause.

Most have clauses that you will pay more for any over the standard allowed weight, and there is generally a maximum weight of 32Kg to meet H&S requirements.

But Thomsonfly are one of those few who do limit the maximum weight of any one piece to 23Kg.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy