Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ADH to LDA by chopper

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever done this - is it worth it ? Thinking of doing it when out there at Easter - sort of birthday treat for Mrs S. Do you have to do it both ways or can you fly there by chopper and back by bus (and how long is the bus ?)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. No.
2. Yes (according to people who have).
3. You can come back by bus if you like, but why would you? Heli tickets are return only, and the bus takes an hour as opposed to seven minutes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I looked at this last year but never went. Its a major regret.
Go for it, its a bargain and sure to be a highlight.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ta. Sounds great - just hope now for good weather !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What do they charge?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Friends did it about 5 years ago fro mL2A>ADH and loved it
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dsoutar, I'd suggest for a little more money (and if you can both happily make a few turns off piste) you do the guided Grand Sablat glacier descent which returns by helicopter from Clavans to ADH Altiport so you get the guided ski which is usually excellent with stunning scenery, and the heli ride. 120 Euros a head, details at the Bureau Des Guides in ADH or here: http://www.guidesalpedhuez.com/francais/guides-alpe-d-huez/activites/ski-hors-piste.html
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick D, wow that looks really good fun
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kat.ryb, I've done it a few times, depends on snow cover of course but a really nice trip and not too difficult.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, 70€ return per head.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Few years since I did it. Was waiting at the ADH Altiport for the return when they asked for two volunteers to fill a helipcopter taking some pisteurs up to the glacier. Never moved so fast since!

I've been in a few helicopters, but the trip across the valley with the ground falling away from you is pretty hard to beat. Worth every cent of €70, you can pay that for an experience flight. This one takes you somewhere.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep, did it two years ago - think it cost about £60. The flight only takes 4 minutes each way but worth every penny.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did it ages ago. Bargain and a great experience. If like my trip the pilot lifts up from the ridge and then just drops down, down, down to the left and takes the direct line to LDA to ADH. We were a bit late due to lots of skiers being carted off mountain on way back but definitely worth doing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dsoutar what are your dates for going out - could be interested in joining you with another friend we are there from the 23-30th
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
extremerob wrote:
dsoutar what are your dates for going out - could be interested in joining you with another friend we are there from the 23-30th

That's a pity as we arrive on the 30th Sad
ski holidays
Did it earlier in the season and quite enjoyed it but there are a few caveats - the take off times start about 9.30am and finish at 10am and then return at 3.30-4pm so you don't get a long day skiing. The public bus is €12 return and of course takes a lot longer at about an hour but arrives about 9.15 and leaves about 5pm so you get a much longer day. Also with the chopper the flights are often cancelled on the day because of poor visibility or high winds which is a bit of a pain if you've got had it planned for a while.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy