Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Noooooo - hurt my knee

Poster: A snowHead
NickyJ, Good Luck Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks all. They xrayed up at A&E and (as both they and I expected the bones are all fine, but it does rule that out). It is too painful for them to examine further. They perscribed pain mess (and gave me to up there which I reacted quite badly to) he did warn me they might and suggested that if did to only take them before bed so that I can at least get some descent sleep. I have made an appointment with GP. For 2 weeks tomorrow (A&E said in 10days time but that was the first available appointment). The guy that examined me is suspicious I may have torn the MCL. Only time and further examinations will tell. In the meantime I am still completely non weight bearing on that leg and in lots of pain Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ, Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get a good nights sleep at least. Let us know how it all goes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ, Oh, that's a real blow. I hope the pain eases soon Sad Surprised you have to go to GP - I would have thought A&E could have referred you. Maybe you can get a cancellation for 10 days time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry to see you posting on here again. How's it going? Has it settled down in the last few days?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In terms of the fact I can put some weight through yes it is improving but I tried driving last night (just to collect girls from Childcare 1mile and 3 miles or so away) I was in so much agony just trying to operate the clutch I only managed to get the closest one had to rest for a bit before I could do the journey home - my youngest had to be collected by Daddy when he came home as I couldn't do it.

I have booked an automatic hire care for the next few days, and I have booked to see these people

http://www.hampshireknee.co.uk/

Thursday evening.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ, good luck! Feeling so sorry for you. Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, thanks. Trying to stay positive.... It's my birthday next week and my birthday list had all sorts of things on it like new gloves for hockey, new shin pads etc my relatives have been saying what would you like and I am errr "new knee"? But I think that is out of their budget.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickyJ,

Hi Just saw your posts. Are you sure the ACL intact?

It sounds very like an ACL problem.

Jonathan Bell
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just got back from seeing Dr Morris..... That was exactly what he said. He thinks I may have ruptured the ACL graft.

I need an MRI scan due to how much pain it is in means he can't examine it properly, sadly.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ, so sorry to hear this Sad very best wishes to you.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ, Sorry to hear that, but with good rehab you could be back on skis before the end of the season. I had an ACL/LCL reconstruction mid August in 2008 and was back skiing by mid January 2009. I had to wear a brace because of the LCL and was very cautious, but I was back sking.

Here's hoping you don't need a reconstruction though. Fingers crossed smilely needed! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NickyJ, Sad fingers crossed for a good and effective treatment plan. What really pisses me off is that you were sent away to wait for a GP Appointment when they really cannot help and more time s lost!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I despair - got to my appointment this morning the stupid idiot who I made the appointment with failed to book it in so I get there and there was no record of any appointments for me. My GP is on leave all next week and they wouldn't allow me to see some one else so first I could have is 1 week on Monday and that is a slot that they aren't supposed to use for appointments but she made it due to the situation.

I am doubly glad I went to see someone privately - I had the MRI yesterday but won't find out result until I see the Dr morris again on Thursday evening so at least when I finally get to see my GP I will have his recommendation for what is needed.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ, Jeez, I despair with you! How are you doing?
ski holidays
Think you should submit a request to change your username from NickyJ to NickyKnee.
Hope GP is less useless on next visit.
snow report
NickyJ, you must be desperately frustrated. Sympathies. Sad I'd change my GP - we can make appointments online with ours - weeks ahead if appropriate (and order repeat prescriptions) and there's no old rubbish about only being to see one particular GP. I do hope you get some sensible progress soon.
ski holidays
pam w, we have been talking about changing GPs we are going have to go to the next town 12 or so miles away. The GP herself is pretty useless - a friend went with a skin condition got told it was nothing turned out to be skin cancer and because it was diagnosed to lo late had to have his nose remove and reconstructed.
latest report
Just seen this Confused Sorry to hear of your troubles NickyJ, (it was hockey that did my knee it Sad ) Hope the news is good next week.
snow conditions
Just got back from seeing the doctor and have the results. As far as I am concerned it is really good news, have several tears to my medial meniscus cartelage and I need and urgent anthroscopy however the ACL is intact. As the knee is locked I need to stay on the crutches until I can get the anthroscopy (and I am now at the mercy of the NHS and my GP for that!) so I am hoping it won't be too long a wait.
snow report
NickyJ, Very Happy Very Happy Here's hoping there's no delay.
ski holidays
NickyJ, good - that give you the hope of being up and about again pretty soon - hope you don't have to wait too long for the arthroscopy.
latest report
Thanks both.
snow report
NickyJ, good news indeed Very Happy
snow report
NickyJ, Yes, very good news hopefully they will act on the urgency. I suppose private isn't an option?
snow conditions
We have paid privately for the scan and to see this doctor. We will see what the GP has to say on Monday, in terms of wait times etc.
ski holidays
I'm glad the news is partially positive at least regarding the ACL.

Once I got through the NHS incompetence my arthroscopy appointment came through for a date less than a month ahead. And that wasn't considered urgent, so hopefully the wait won't be too long.

The meniscus trimming / arthroscopy itself was straightforward, and almost painless, and I was able to put full weight on it immediately. I was told 6 weeks is the normal time to running again, so hopefully you will catch most of the hockey season.

good luck
snow conditions
I am starting to get depressed over this.

So I see my GP on Monday with scan report in hand. I really the diagnosis and explain I just want to get this sorted ASAP as I am in constant pain and stuck in crutches. She says she doesn't have access to choose and book system only the secretary's do and I should be a call from one of them in next 2-3 days. So today, day 3 no phone call, so I contact the surgery. She looks up my notes and tells me the referal letter (I am sure choose & books is all online?), I ask her where slide it go? Oh it would be to Salisbury for where you live - I explain that is not what was discussed on Monday it could have been to anywhere in quite a wide area. Oh well she knows nothing about that I will need to speak to my Gp again - so how do I do that? She has made an appointment for Monday for her to call me.

Oh and when I asked when I should hear anything from hospital referral - I get told I should get a letter in 6 or so weeks!!!!

When I came of the phone I was on the verge of just bursting into tears Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ, Oh, that's terrible. A letter to the Chief Executive of the Primary Care trust might be in order, but in the short term I think I would down the surgery at 7:30am tomorrow await the GPs arrival and refuse to leave till she sees you. I'd go armed with a list of questions that need to asked, a pen to write down the actions that need to be taken, who by, when and I'd record it in front of the Doctor. I'd ask the GP to order the secretary to do what needs to be done as soon as the morning rush is over; I'd wait in reception and watch her do it.

Edit: I just came back from physio - I mentioned your predicament and he said that A&E should have referred you to an acute knee clinic. He suggested going back to A&E because of the pain and ask to be given an urgent appointment at the clinic. I did say you weren't from round here but he still thought there should be something. I'd suggest phoning Orthopaedics and asking if they have a clinic then get down to A&E in the morning
latest report
I have an appointment to see a consultant for Tuesday 24th. The receptionist had it completely wrong - the letter which had been sent if was details for me to login to Choose and Book, so that I can make an appointment, I went for the one offered which let me be seen soonest. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised it was a receptionist that failed to save the first appointment I tried to make to see my GP as well.
latest report
Oh no, poor you! My sympathies for the way this has dragged out Sad
snow report
No this is good it is only another week - and then hopefully I will get an appointment for surgery when I see them.....
latest report
NickyJ, your whole local system seems mad but glad you can be seen soon.
snow report
Saw the consultant this morning, and he has booked me for an operation next week - Wednesday. So pleased. He was really apologetic at not being able to get me in sooner, and was saying (like you said holidayloverxx) that I should not have been sent home by A&E, and he can't believe they did that etc etc.

So pleased the end is in sight. Also really, really pleased that I self funded the MRI and seeing a doctor, hate to think how long I would have been stuck on crutches otherwise.
snow conditions
NickyJ, Oh what a relief! Keep us informed on how it all goes.
ski holidays
Great news! What exactly will they be doing to you and how long is recovery likely to be after the op?
ski holidays
Arthroscopy to remove various tears of meniscus. Should be straight forward with a bit of luck.
ski holidays
NickyJ, that's great. Such a shame you had to wait so long though, and couldn't start on the recovery a lot sooner.
snow report
NickyJ, Good luck for the op tomorrow. let us know how you get on
latest report
NickyJ, Good luck for the op tomorrow. let us know how you get on
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy