Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Noooooo - hurt my knee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
boardiac, thanks - I have started a new thread with this as a specific question (and asked about Snowboarding there as well Happy) - trouble is as I need to learn it I am likely to cause even more damage in that fair bit of falling at the start?

cad99uk, I Am hoping he may respond to this, but I am doubtful as to whether I am the first to have been told this so keen for others input as well.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NickyJ, Sad .I definitely think it is worthy of a second opinion. A friend boards now instead of skiing because of a second ACL op, but freely admits she would prefer to ski.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 12-11-13 13:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ, back in 1992 I was told by my surgeon I would never be able to walk without a cane and that my knee could either be fused or I would be in constant pain until I was old enough for a prosthetic knee. I cried on my physio's shoulder for about an hour after receiving that information: then she told me to stop blubbing and get working. It was an absolute pleasure to send him a photo of me bombing down a black piste a year later and I then sent him a photo each and every time I went skiing or raced for about 7 years. He did admit in the end not really knowing what was involved in skiing other than what he had read in the papers. I did give up playing hockey though, but took up refereeing and got my B ticket instead (I already had my C as part of my PE teacher training) and improved my coaching qualifications.

When I did my left knee in 2006, there was never any question about me not returning to sports! Totally different attitude here in Germany to that of the UK - sportsmen and -women are seen to be doing something proactive about retaining their health and are not a burden on the health services, quite the opposite really. Accidents are part and parcel of life, you should not let them get in the way of enjoying what you do.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, thanks, that is good to hear.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy