Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lazy Europeans on the snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Martin Bell,

Awesome photograph
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB, thanks for that link, good laugh. "...let the pole do the work..." - he must be referring to a plumbing job.
veeeight, good "point" - any lifties who have had their eye poked out should sue Ski Sunday Very Happy
D G Orf, you're probably correct to make that assumption. Most ex-racers make the transition to off-piste skiing pretty well (Jeremy Nobis, Tommy Moe, Shane McConkey, the Crist brothers), but not in every case. Anyway, whatever my off-piste skiing ability, I would never venture on to a glacier without a local guide - that would be madness. (I nearly did so in Zermatt a few years ago but thought better of it at the last moment - a decision I have never regretted.)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, All skiers as good as Martin Bell, are bound to be equally as good off piste - technique is technique is technique!

veeeight, I'm disappointed it didn't tell/show people how to get on the old Inner Wengen T bar. that was on fixed ropes - what a whiplash! Shocked then the guy at the top would hang them back on a little hook for the return journey. the track was about 3 skiers wide, the forest on either side very thick - huge problems if one T bar fell off it's hook and came down the track towards you! Skullie Skullie Oh the good old days. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, I'd agree that technique is technique, but I know a few really good on piste skiers who, whilst they may be good off piste prefer to stay on piste, not many I grant you but it does occur Shocked

Quote:

old Inner Wengen T bar

I never saw that, if it came up the same route as the chairlift that would be impressive as there are some big rocks and it's a nasty slope.
Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin Bell wrote:
DB, thanks for that link, good laugh. "...let the pole do the work..." - he must be referring to a plumbing job.

It's a very common mistake and so easily done. Perhaps you could give him a quick ski lesson (family rates) and try to separate his skiing from his Venetian boating technique.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf, No - you went behind Mary's cafe and slightly up the road. You had to climb a little bank to get to it. It then went straight up through the forest. I would expect some remanents of the track to still be there if you look for them! Oh buy - that was a real doozy! NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, where did it come out ? After all this time I doubt any significant traces remain, that's certainly the case with the drag lift that used to go up the brunner slope, trees now cover that route, but you can just make out the routes of the Lauberhorn and Mannlichen drag lifts I guess it depends how much they had to alter the underlying terrain
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf wrote:
the route down the front of the Mannlichen under the cablecar.

I just remembered!
In 1987 when we were in Wengen for the World Cup, our assistant coach at the time, John Vaitkus (an ex-Hillend racer from Edinburgh), attempted to ski that route one evening, because the queue to ride down the cablecar was too long for his liking. He got stranded above some cliffs and despite our directions via walkie-talkie from our hotel balcony, he couldn't find the route and had to be rescued (via the pylon) by the cablecar. They hauled him off to the police station and gave him a stern talking-to but otherwise there were no repercussions.
John now is an extreme skier / ski model in Chamonix, and can often be seen in the Ellis Brigham catalogue.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Martin Bell, thanks you've just made my evening, according to my friend who has done the trip down on many occasions over the years, it's not difficult if you know the safe route down, if you don't know the route it can be a bit of a nightmare Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy