Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Heaven

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya

Looking for next years holiday - gotta have something to look forward to.

We've been looking at some chalets offered by a company called Mountain Heaven based in Liverpool.

Has anyone stayed with them before & what are the chalets in Le Rosiere like?

Thanks

Al
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
albrown7, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

Try this link http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=97641

BTW they're not based in Liverpool, but 'over the water', on the Wirral which - as any Scouser will tell you - isn't the same thing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
albrown7, I worked for them last year in La Rosiere,

A brief summery: Most are in an apartment block, once inside you could be in a chalet i.e. wood beams, great views, balconies etc. Chez Robert been the exception being an true chalet.

Location is good, within 200mteres of the Les Eucherts chairlift it is uphill but treat it as warm up.

Les Eucherts is expanding, nice restaurants and bars. (Tackle the Moo bar if you feel up for it), Slope wise I like La Rosiere a lot if you know where to go it's got a lot to offer (sorry no ski hosting now Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dwarf Vader, very diplomatic, well done.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen, Over the water thankfully wink On a more serious note, I have done some work for the owners on The Wirral Very Happy a few years ago, have looked at their website over the years and have seen the improvement on it. They are really nice people to deal with as a service provider, and on that basis would give them a try. (FWIW we need child care which they dont do and therefore havent used them as yet, probably will do once he gets a bit older)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dwarf Vader, Happy Birthday !!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albrown7, We used them in Montalbert last year. MH were fine to deal with. friendly and efficient. We rented self-catering apartments which were clean and tidy, but VERY basic. The master double room was only inches bigger than the bed it contained and our friends had an apartment in which some doors were replaced by curtains.

So, I would definitely consider going with MH again, but I'd be a little more careful about the choice of apartments.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wags, Why thank you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

Its Nick here from Mountain Heaven sorry only just seen this post do you know which apartment you were in? some of the smaller ones are more basic but hopefully much better than some of the French ones with the big companies, the ones with 2 bedrooms do generally have a curtain rather than a door and we do make sure that's pointed out on our website but all of our ones with 3 bedrooms and above do have doors! If you drop me a line I am sure we can do you a great deal so you have a bigger one so you can see the difference. Bedrooms in France are generally quite small for self-catered though !

Thanks

Nick
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Bedrooms in France are generally quite small for self-catered though !

True! I have a super king sized bed in my bedroom, with just a small walkway round the edge - and enough room to open the wardrobe doors - on the basis that I spend more time in bed than walking round in a bedroom. If you have some storage space (and I have a wardrobe, an upright cupboard and plenty of hooks), I'm not sure what you would do with the extra space. wink My bedroom at home is quite big, and really it's just a waste of space. My kitchen, on the other hand, is small - poor design.

Some bedrooms (and MGM "show apartments" have twin bedded rooms with 2'6" beds. Shocked They can look a lot more spacious, but I find 2'6" beds very mean to sleep in. 3' minimum for 1, 5' minimum for 2, I reckon
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed with MH and the room one of our party had did not have a window or ventilation of any kind. The room also doubled up as a plumbing corridor so every time someone used the toilet and /or ran a tap the occupant was woken up. The walls were paper thin so when someone used the toilet...well I will leave it to your imagination. The sound of the room deodoriser was nice.....would not stay with MH again I am afraid. Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, good point, but this was a v small double without any room to walk around the edge! As Nick says, French bedrooms do tend to be v small.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

without any room to walk around the edge!

when I said walk around the edge, I can actually walk around two edges - the other two are against the wall. The bedframe had to be built in, on the spot, and is designed high enough to store stuff underneath, most crucially ski boot bags! But it is a great big bed.

I find that the details for French apartments invariably say exactly what size the beds are and if the overall surface area is not quoted, it can always be discovered easily enough - French owners think in terms of surface area. I sometimes see places of only 27 sq m advertised as sleeping 6 - technically possible, but a squish. And cheap! Generally with French apartments you get what you pay for, though in the peak holiday weeks even small places can be expensive if they are well-situated. So my hard-hearted attitude is that if someone rents and apartment and then complains that it's a rabbit hutch, they should have done their homework!

Sometimes the sofa beds are the most comfortable, ironically, in rented apartments. We rented all 6 apartments in a building near mine, for a big party of family and friends at Easter. The apartments are very roomy indeed - a bit tired decor-wise, but great for kids with room to play. My daughter and son, with their spouses, both slept on the "click clack" sofa beds and found them supremely comfortable - so much so that my daughter took down all the details to try to get one for their house in England. They weren't bad as sofas, either.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

if someone rents and apartment and then complains that it's a rabbit hutch, they should have done their homework!

pam w, Pam, I think I agree with you, but there is a limit to the amount of research you can do. We deliberately rented an apartment that slept 8 for a family of four. Total square footage was great, but I never thought to ask about the size of the individual rooms. In retrospect my wife and I should have ditched the master double and slept in single beds or even separate rooms upstairs. If the bed was 5ft wide, by 6ft long, then I estimate that the total room size was 7 foot long, by 7'6" wide. Add in the chest of drawers and the 2'6" door that opened inwards and you can imagine it was a bit of a squash.

Perhaps the real problem was that we wanted Champagne, but were only paying for Cava.

Just to reiterate, we would definitely look at MH again, and I would happily recommend them to anyone. Montalbert is a great location too. Much underrated.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
willin01, Nick, Thanks for your earlier reply. In case you are interested, we were in 34C, Chalets de Montalbert. Our friends, with the curtain, were in the apartment directly opposite - I forget the number.

Best wishes

James
ski holidays
To be clear we wouldn't stay with them again. Our room did not have a window or ventilation of any kind. The room also doubled up as a plumbing corridor so every time someone used the toilet and /or ran a tap the occupant was woken up. I think it use to be a cupboard. Other rooms also didn't have windows - just skylights. With a few feet of snow on top they were as useless as MH.
snow conditions
Jooboo, I think from your 11 posts , 10 are quite clear on your feelings about Mountain Haven. I recommend you do not book with them again.
ski holidays
Just to even it up a bit. Next year, I'll be staying in an MH apartment (along with 4 others) for about the 10th time. Same place every year. Super apartment. great views. 3 bedrooms, all with windows Very Happy one with its own balcony another with en-suite shower etc. 33LG.
latest report
another informative up to date thread about Mountain Heaven here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2352305
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy