Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courcheval Eats - Where's good value in 3 Valleys for Lunch?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm off to 1850 (1750!) for a week leaving saturday. I'd really appreciate some advice for Lunch venues that are going to get me change out of 20 euros per person. When i stayed in Meribel a couple of seasons back I ate in Les Menuires each day and it was good value. Is there anywhere good in the Courcheval side that will give good value? Advice would be really appreciated, as would your views on where you thought was good.

Thanks,

Lossy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mrlossyman, you mean cheap but good value. wink What do you expect your "lunch" to consist of?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Tania tends to be best value. 1650 is also cheaper than 1850. You can ski to both from 1850.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This may be helpful http://www.courchnet.com/food/restaurants.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. I mean good value and quality. I dont mind paying $10 - $15 euro for a main as long as it's a good fill.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
l'Eterlou just off the snow in 1650 gets my vote
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the basis that the question is for the whole 3V, not just Courchevel, I'd recommend Grand Lac (at bottom of Granges lift) or La Ferme de Reberty. Both consistently good, with some main courses in your price range. A couple to avoid: (i) Roc des Trois Marches (probably has the worst "capuccino" anywhere in the 3V - 4 euros for something made with instant coffee and canned cream on the top). (ii) The new La Folie Douce at Saulire middle station - self service food at least as expensive as most waitered service restaurants, and had the smallest so called "grande biere" I've ever had for 7 euros.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Courcheneige hotel next to the green piste, burger €13, sea bass fillet €15, set menu (starter, main and drink)€30.

You do have to book as when we pitched up at 1200 they were fully booked.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+ 1 for the Grande Lac, I had a 3 course set menu for Euro 21 or Euro 23 which was brilliant on a very cold day in Feb. Staff are first rate. Worth phoning ahead.

Once again the Bel Air may not be the cheapest (though by no meansthe most expensive by Courchevel standards), but is always worth it if you can get in (phone early that morning).

Lachenal in St Martin is equally good value, and great if you can get on the Terrace.

Pizzeria de Motteret is also a number on my phone, great if bad weather kicks in.

I think this bears out my theory that the further you get from 1850 the more reasonable prices get, this extends to getting out of the 3V's altogether, since in other smaller resorts prices seem to halve, an excellent 3 course meal in La Cluzaz earlier this year for 13 Euros springs to mind!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Restaurant Bouc Blanc at the top of the La Tania Gondola, BIG bowl of creamy chicken soup with bread, croutons and cheese you add to the soup (just pour the melted cheese into your beard and down your front at the start, it saves time and stress). A plate of chips between 2. Table water for free. 2 cokes, 2 american coffees and 2 twix. Grand total, tah dah, 37euro. This place also does a plate of the day, looked really good, if you wanted a full meal. Good, quick service.

Sorry to disagree with Julian T above, would try the Roc des Trois Marches, do a nice big bowl of vegetable soup, or a lasagne 7euro'ish. the problem is they charge for everything else (water, bread rolls, mayonnaise, ketchup etc.) so be careful it can rack up really quick.
This is a central place at the top of a few lifts, so if you are doing the Escapade in sections over a few days, as we were, it is easy to get to and you can head in few different directions from here. It is self service so very quick. But like the Julian T said the coffee is the worst I have had in a long time, and I have tried some real muck while traveling.

Wakkitt
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Le Bouc Blanc and its Plat du Jour as wakkitt says.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Plat du Jour at the Pub Ski Lodge in La Tania (bottom of Folyeres) was €10.50 last week. You had better be hungry. Really good, and large, horseburger and chips about the same.

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Julian T wrote:
A couple to avoid: (i) Roc des Trois Marches (probably has the worst "capuccino" anywhere in the 3V - 4 euros for something made with instant coffee and canned cream on the top).

You sure you're thinking of the Roc des 3 Marches and not the Mont de la Chambre restaurant? The latter has the worst coffee in France - expresso, cafe creme, capuccino, even hot choccy, all completely undrinkable
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Bouc Blanc, Ski Lodge in La Tania, Courcheniege in 1850.

On the other side of the piste from Bel Air there is a new farm shop which some of my guests have been raving about.. locally made cheese and bread at good prices and picnic tables outside to sit on.

Avoid.. any of the restaurants around the Altiport in Courchevel and Chalet de Piere on Verdon run in Courchevel 1850, all tres expensive...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh.. also La Boulotte in 1650. Ski down to 1650, clipout of your skis and walk down the road on the right (facing the buildings with the piste behind you). Take a left turn at the bottom (pass the bubble bar wich is also fairly good for a beer) and you get to the Boulotte. Burgers, soups, wraps, baps etc.. all good value and yummy.
snow conditions
Again, the Bouc Blanc! Great food, cheap Plat Du Jour and amazing setting!

La Boulotte in moriond is good, also just over the road and slightly up the hill there is another restaurant (I forget the name) which is good value.

Le Caveau in Courchevel Village does a great Plat Du Jour for €12

Le Ours Blanc, Snack bar in Moriond

The snack bar at the Courchniege, I think you can get a Panini, Chips and a drink for €10

The Pizzeria in Courchevel village, short walk from the slopes, go down tovets, cross the road and head right. You'll see some steps leading to the next road down, then its on your left. Cheap pizzas and €12 Plat Du Jour.

It's pretty much always cheaper to get a Plat Du Jour wherever you go, you'll see it on the menu boards outside and most places (even on the mountain) are between €12 and €15. We spend our mornings skiing around looking at the menu boards, picking where has the best Plat du Jour!!
snow report
Ski Lodge in La Tania.

Also agree with
Quote:

La Boulotte in moriond is good, also just over the road and slightly up the hill there is another restaurant (I forget the name) which is good value.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy