Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been away at Christmas on their own?

Poster: A snowHead
What was it like?

You may remember that I was planning to go away at Christmas with my GF, unfortunately circumstances have changed and so now I'm stuck with a week off at Christmas but with noone to go with. Have other snowHeads ever gone away skiing on their own at Christmas, and if so, how was it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry to hear that, fish in the sea etc etc

on the plus side:
My aunt goes off on her own ALL THE TIME! Mainly I think because xmas with my family is loud, flash and almost unbearable!

Im sure the Chalet option would be the most sociable way to spend a week and if you go high enough you should get some good skiing in!
And xmas should get you some good deals!

Bad sides: cant think of one
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only person I've known to go skiing at Christmas without his girlfriend was Santa Claus and he seemed pretty happy ...

... so I'd go for it, Kramer. Wear a big red suit and carry a large sack of toys for the kids and you should be the most popular skier in the resort.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did xmas in Zermatt last season on my own, ski as usual. Ski Club reps & the collected group add to the interest.
I don't know what I will be doing this year, in light of better offers it will be more of the same.
(unless there is a Snowheads xmas bash ?)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a very last minute catered chalet booking sounds a good idea - they will be able to tell you exactly what the party comprises and you should get some good deals avoiding the dreaded single supplement - which adds insult to injury. One great benefit of Christmas skiing is that the ski part is more important than the Christmas part - not too much yo ho hoing. Another possibility would be to try somewhere really different - Iran, or Turkey, or Lapland or somewhere, to add interest. Or focus on off-piste, or touring, or something you fancy but which doesn't always fit in with others' wishes. You can be selfish, and please yourself, for once. I went on my own to Tignes for a week before Christmas one year, and enjoyed it very much, because the holiday was focussed on high quality, small group, instruction. I would not have enjoyed it so much otherwise.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, yep and I'll be off this Christmas as well, fortunately I have friends in resort and we'll all have a good time I'm sure.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, lampbus, Come to Saalbach! The Bishes and the Q family are already booked there. snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, You won't have a problem where ever you go. Just tell 'em your a doctor! It'll be like bee's round a Honeypot. Choose Eastbourne or Worthing for maximum effect wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
'Best snow on upper slopes' (typical snow report for Eastbourne or Worthing at Christmas)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer, It'a really good fun. Go for it. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been away on my own at other times of year before, just not at Christmas.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, bad luck. Or maybe not.

Personally I'm reasonably happy with my own company (and a decent book) so I have no issues with skiing on my own. A chalet probably is a good idea, although I think it's fairly easy to meet "new friends" in ski resorts. You might want to see if you can find a good coaching week? Or join a lesson group? Can't recall your standard but I'm sure you'll find something appropriate. I'm not sure about your age either, but something like a Club Mark Warner jumbo chalet might work...or "Ski 18-30"
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer - Can't remember exactly but was it your girlf who was restricting the dates that you could go away for over Christmas? If so and you're a bit more flexible now on the dates PM and I'll work you out a resonable price for our chalet in ADH. We also have a single lady booked in for that week.......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
katski, wink wink wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
katski, the problem is that I've gone and changed my holiday to that week. I was planning a pre-season week on my own, changed it to go at Christmas, but now I can't really change again without mucking people around.
snow conditions
Kramer, I have no idea if my favorite hotel has any spaces left over Christmas, if it does I can really reccomend it as a place to have a good Christmas, oh and I'd talk to you Laughing
snow conditions
Kramer, I've not done a single trip over Xmas, but have done the week before, and also at Easter. Pick the accomodation/resort well and you will have a good time. I might be in the same boat this year aswell, just trying to justify stopping abroad for the Xmas week as I have to take the time off from work (1st time in 10yrs) so as I will be away from the 16th-24th, it makes sense to me to stop for another week. Unfortunately the rest of the family don't seem to understand. Not sure who is going to win the battle yet !
latest report
Kramer, we're full for Xmas week but my son has space in his chalet, so if you came to La Rosiere there would be a few snowheads to meet. You can find details of Dan's chalet on www.morealps.com he's also a fellow snowhead.
snow conditions
I would recommend a chalet. The chalets I have been to have had a nice mix of people and people with a wide variety of non-skiing occupations and interests.

Before booking, try and find out a little about who else is in the chalet, particularly if it is a small chalet. Avoid big groups. Desire small groups, singles and couples. Twice we have found ourselves in a chalet where almost all of the beds were booked by one group or family. They wanted and expected a family gathering. We felt like unwanted guests. In both cases the chalet company managed to sort something out for us. Twice out of lots of chalet holidays is a low ratio.
snow report
Kramer, yes, did it last year. Paid less than half brochure price by booking 3 days before travelling, and got a roomshare in a chalet in Val D'Isere (with Le Ski). Had a fantastic time - chalet was a mix of couples and singles, and with the T.O. ski-guiding service got to meet plenty of other people too, all very good fun. Would thoroughly recommend it, and will be probably be doing the same again this year.
snow report
Kramer, sorry to hear about that. But does this mean you could be looking at the ESA again?
snow conditions
marc gledhill, I don't think so.

Plans so far this year are, perhaps one week over Christmas, one week in January, one week at the beginning of February and then two weeks in North America after Easter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy