Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Channel Island Skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
According to the TV weather report the Channel Islands could get 20cm of snowfall by tonight! Just wondering if there's any hills there our resident Snowhead Chris Brookes can use... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair Pink its not just the snow we have to deal with as we also have severe gale force 9 easterly winds with gusts to 65 mph. All schools closed including the aiport and harbours with all transport coming to a halt.

Picture taken earlier today coming home from work after i closed my shop early -
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
now just waiting for this thread to get moved to the "The piste" thread lol...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
local jokes but so funny (Snowfall a Jersey Downfall parody) ** WARNING - BAD LANGUAGE (if you can read) **

http://youtube.com/v/GCexKtnKcRM
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes, Smile

Seriously though, if you can get any time off work, are there any suitable slopes (local parks etc) where you could get your skis out and have a slide? Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You could try the sand dunes.......if you can get there.

We used to use surf-boards to go sledging many years ago, on the few occasions it snowed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink wrote:
Chris Brookes, Smile

Seriously though, if you can get any time off work, are there any suitable slopes (local parks etc) where you could get your skis out and have a slide? Madeye-Smiley

sadly...no where in Jersey
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"Whilst we're trying to clear Victoria Avenue with bloody Waitrose table salt ... They'll be fighting to the death over the last Hummus in M&S. Fist fights over Chilean Chardonnay and Hummus!"

"Don't worry, there will still be some in Co-Op."

Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our garden has had a sprinkle of snow Laughing

the roads -
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes, top photo is great. Palm trees and deep snow make a strikingly surreal mixture.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
Chris Brookes, Smile

sadly...no where in Jersey

I take it you don't do X-C skiing then?

I guess at least your lovely dogs will enjoy the snow - if you've got any photos of them out in your snow covered island (Jersey?) that would be nice. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes, That video has been trending over here (quite funny for a crapaud production) Toofy Grin

Jersey appears to have had a bit more than us although the high parishes in particular got nuked. No skiing for me this time (skied last time we had decent snow over here about 5 years ago) and my lovely new Scott Punishers and granite are not a good combination.

Alastair Pink, You know what skiers are like, I often wander past some of the cliffs and think what it would be like to ski them, unfortunately the runs would be pretty short though because the highest point in the Island is just over 300 feet but there would be some epic lines and it would be pretty cool to jump off a German bunker plenty of those still around Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowfall Part 2 (The conclusion to the Jersey Downfall parody)

http://youtube.com/v/r2hfJMLm4dU
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, Excellent, thanks for that.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink wrote:
I guess at least your lovely dogs will enjoy the snow - if you've got any photos of them out in your snow covered island (Jersey?) that would be nice. Madeye-Smiley

Snow drifts today while i was taking Isobel for a walk. Sadly Harvey couldnt join his sister on this walk as hes recovering from Pneumonia but getting better slowly.

Isobel

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 12-03-13 20:30; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Chris Brookes, Thanks for that, Isobel looks as if she's enjoying it! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Chris Brookes, Thanks for that, Isobel looks as if she's enjoying it! Madeye-Smiley

I dont think she enjoyed me dragging her over the snow drifts Laughing
snow conditions
moffatross wrote:
"Whilst we're trying to clear Victoria Avenue with bloody Waitrose table salt ... They'll be fighting to the death over the last Hummus in M&S. Fist fights over Chilean Chardonnay and Hummus!"

"Don't worry, there will still be some in Co-Op."

Laughing

Genius isn't it! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/Q1tVVf-QSm8
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/KMXqgvCPYTE

Not very good I know, but did a few of the local hills. Was knackered after walking up 5. Force 8-9 winds at time didn't help!

Ironically, just got back from 2 weeks in Fieberbrunn 2 days before, where the NorthFace/Swatch Freeride contest was on hold due to lack of snow and warm conditions!

Cheers

Rich
snow report
PantherX50, i preferred the Back Country Bellozanne one but shame about the snow on the lens Sad
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
PantherX50, i preferred the Back Country Bellozanne one but shame about the snow on the lens Sad

Sorry chris couldn't get that one to upload!!

Still was fun in a very weird way though Very Happy
snow report
PantherX50 wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

Sorry chris couldn't get that one to upload!!

Still was fun in a very weird way though Very Happy

I can imagine and looked great fun and knackering walking up the hills wink
ski holidays
No problem beating the speed limit on your apps, ski down the Castle ramparts.
latest report
Superb picture taken by the very talented Matt Porteous with Roland Topf today at St Ouen's Bay

http://www.mattporteousphotos.co.uk

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy