Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

James Woods wins slopestyle silver at ski World Championships

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BBC News reports

Quote:
James Woods has won Great Britain's first freestyle skiing medal at a World Championships in 20 years after winning slopestyle silver in Norway.

... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-sports/21727577

Looks like the preparation for Sochi is going well snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elizabeth B, I would have thought this would be in the NEWS section I can only imagine if Team GB got a silver and a 4th in Schlamding last month how much coverage they would have been given
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fattes13, it probably should be. I was surprised that no one else had mentioned it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, Pat Sharples should be knighted for the work he has done with Freestyle skiing in the UK, he has dedicated so much of his life to it and has shaped and created a future generation of freestyle skiers that are going to be podium regulars for the futures.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13, Very Happy well said young man.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fattes13, I agree.

One of the sad parts is that the Sheffield Ski Village where James & Katie both used to train is no more. There's a few other local younger guys who have the potential to make it into the team, I just hope the travelling up to Castleford doesn't prevent others from breaking through.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arise Sir Pat.......... snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really shows how much of an advantage dry slopes are, they should be getting more if them after results like this rather than less, here's the vids, all 3 I would have scored similarly, but woodsy really stands out in this one, that last dub is ridiculous

http://youtube.com/v/6mCsN_CKH4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fattes13, ha whaddya expect - this is Snowheads - celebrating British skiing success as long as its wearing spandex. You only need to look at the moaning that non downhill segments on Ski Sunday generates to see where this forums heart lies.

This thread is already longer than any of the ones about when Jenny Jones won medals at XGames.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways, I know skiing is what I think it is sigh!!! Tell me about it you try starting a freestyle session on a dry slope in Ireland! 4 Years ago Slope managment "Nobody would be interested in that kind of thing" Me "But pretty please look I am jumping throuhg every hoop you asked"

Present day Slopes busiest night of the week is Freestyle No thanks received rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, As a mod, can you not bump this to the news section, as has been mentioned - our lead news item is Chemmy quitting the season early. Bit of proper TeamGB success surely warrents it...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways, as you suggest I've moved this to the SnowNews area - this is indeed something we need to celebrate!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
James NEEDS HELP

British Free skier needs Help

So James Woods and Pat Sharples need help and a dig out, Woodsy is in with a chance to win the World Cup tour for slopestyle this year but there is a tiny catch.

The need to get from, Tignes, to the Sieerra Nevadas after the X Games on the 22nd of March. There are no scheduled flights or transport options that they can use. Any one who can help with the loan of a private Jet, Helicopter or some kind of contact that could get them from point A to B would be greatly appreciated.

This is genuine and they are seriously stuck if anyone knows or has any idea of how to help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crisis averted!!! Whoo

To show how much effort & how important this was. Coach Pat Sharples & two or three other athletes and their coaches have managed to convince FIS to move the Sierra Nevada competition out by an extra day to allow them all to travel down with time. I guess it is part of the evolution of the sport that the events that are important to sponsors and athletes have yet to tie in with the FIS calendar but all is well that ends well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy