Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for first powder skis? Which one? Advice needed please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

I'd enjoy them until they fall apart - and then look for something similar

Has anyone had experience fixing a top sheet coming off?
On mine good portion of the tip part is coming off and when skiing it works like a pocket collection snow, making the edge about 2" thick.
The local shop in resort fixed it (very cheap) but said it wouldn't last as long as the original: in fact the repair only lasted a few days.
Anyone tried the repair themselves? did you use any specific glue or process?
Does that actually affect the skiing?

Other than that the skis are in perfect shape so not really ready for retirement.

Quote:

Looking at your weight -- you won't need huge fatties to float anyway

He he... I never thought about it in those terms, but it can be interesting actually Wink
One ski could actually do it all...

Unfortunately my skiing over Easter didn't go exactly to plan, with a nasty back pain cutting all skiing while outside it was dumping Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MonteHelm,

Have lessons, if it dumps rent something relatively soft.
Warren Smith Academy transformed my off piste skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isn't hand flexing the skiing equivalent of kicking the tyres? It doesn't tell you anything but makes you think you look knowledgeable to the other punters/girlfriend?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
22 dropout, not entirely, you can tell if the ski is closer to the noodle or crowbar end of the spectrum, at least.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy