Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern - any tips? Thanks.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Obertauern for the first time in 2 weeks' time. Would be very grateful for any tips.

Also, any restaurant recommendations for lunch would be appreciated.

Lürzeralm - we have been told this is a great place for Apres ski. Is the place suitable for a 10 year old boy?

Many thanks. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Monti Flu main hut is nice, non smoking inside main building though you should be sitting outside in the sun in March
Also like Sonnhof at same end of resort that has the combined gondola and chair lift
One of our favorite resorts
Have fun
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent choice, one of my Favorites is Dikt'n Alm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Treff 2000 at the top of Grunwaldkopf lift (I think that's right) is a great restaurant and you might want to try Edelweiss before you ski down to Lurzer Alm.

If it's a windy & very cold I'd avoid Zehnerkarbhan as it can be bitterly cold when it's windy, however there are some nice cruisey runs off the top when the conditions are good
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are a couple of nice reds if you turn left when you get down to the mid station of the Zehnerkarbhan
If you ski the blue runs behind the Edelweiss hut take the left hand one as the one to the right on the blue circuit is very flat before the next lift
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone for the tips. Will definitely check out the restaurants suggested.

Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do the alien run Smile You must use your ski poles as machine guns and shoot them Smile

Blame Flangesax
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You should check out Mountago.com - they have loads of info on ski resorts in Europe, with ski maps, weather forecasts and business lists for every resort. You can also leave reviews of your favourite/worst hotel, restaurants, bars and resorts which is pretty cool!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi All!

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to all those who have helped me in planning our ski trip to Obertauern in previous conversations!

We had a wonderful week of skiing at the end of March and really liked the resort.

I won't write a full trip report as there are already a few on Snowhead. However, I would make the following comments:

- it is a good resort for nervous "intermediate". There are a good selection of blues and easy reds to progress. I think I have improved and gained confidence skiing in Obertauern. Hubby says I was even doing parallel turns on reds without realising it.

- the transfer was very easy. Only an hour from Salzburg. Definitely a positive for those with children who get travel sickness. We used Harbesetter Reisen via the Obertauern website link. I know there have some negative comments on them here. However, our experience was positive. The driver was already there waiting for us when we arrived and we didn't have to share with anyone. So we had a private taxi at half the cost. On our return journey, we did have to pick up 2 others but that probably only added 5-10 mins to the journey.

- the lift queues were not that bad, only slightly longer queues around ski school times and one 2-men lift. And we were there during German and Austrian holiday, which was meant to be one of the busiest week of the year.

- this may be negative or positive: there were hardly any English people there. In one week, we probably heard English being spoken less than half a dozen of times.

- one slight negative, there are a few flat bits on a few of the blue runs. Can be a bit of a pain especially for kids who are not travelling very fast.

Thank you again for all your help. Time to start planning the next ski trip!

- Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy