Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scary stuff - falling while winter climbing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://vimeo.com/61338753

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/helmetcam-slide-snowdonia-accident-llanberis-mountain-rescue

Quote:

A scary point of view
www.thebmc.co.uk
In late February, Mark Roberts was soloing Parsley Fern Lefthand Gully when he was knocked off by a chunk of falling ice. The result was a terrifying slide down the gully - all captured by his helmet-cam. Watch the frightening footage and read our interview with Mark to find out what went wrong.

Shocked Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive just finished watching that on FB. Agreed very scary!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sod that

Slide bang slide bang ... oh good this big rock will stop me ... oooooph ... oh, no it won't .... slide bang slide bang

I felt for him when he laid his head to the side near the end.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scary but i did have a little chuckle his comment at the end.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are below someone you often get hit with ice chunks. Much better to keep to the side and leave space.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tiffin wrote:
I felt for him when he laid his head to the side near the end.

I know that feeling, especially when he went foetal!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lesson - Don't fall when winter climbing. Especially without a rope. Ouch.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also if you spot something small falling when soloing just shrug up, make yourself smaller and hug the slope.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robapplegate wrote:
Lesson - Don't fall when winter climbing. Especially without a rope. Ouch.

Lesson - Don't go ice climbing behind another party!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We all shouldn't, but he was only heading up an easy gully. It's like shooting up Idwal Stream for a nice solo, if you waited for that to be clear of climbers you'd never get on it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't access the vid either here, on vimeo, or even bia the BMC. Is it me?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been restricted. Maybe search for the accident elsewhere Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Don't go ice climbing behind another party!!

Almost impossible in this country, first hint of a freeze and the hills are crawling with winter warriors. I'm as guilty as the next man.
Quote:

It's like shooting up Idwal Stream for a nice solo

True, but it also goes to show that even an easy climb/walk takes on extra hazards in winter. We've all done it and most of us get away with it most of the time. Hmmmm starting to sound like a typical avalanche thread Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy