Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh no, not another book about life in a ski resort!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kitenski, it's £2... that's not even a spoonful of coffee or a single slurp of beer in the larger French resorts wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Enjoyed it (thought it's not Dickens Cool ), but was coming here to say 'sort out the typos'. Only to see it has already been said; agree totally self-publishers should be required to have their books properly proofed!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello and thanks for the feedback, especially the constructive criticism from ousekjarr. I like what you say about the ending - interestingly my last book has been criticised for not tidying up at the end - but decided that as this was intended to be fun, a neater finish was needed. I'll look back on the structure with your thoughts in mind.

Typos, typos typos. You will not believe how much work went into correcting it from myself and my beta readers. But, no, I didn't pay for proofreading (we really do live on a miniscule budget) and took the risk. (Mind you, I might be asking my beta readers for my bottles of wine back... Evil or Very Mad ) The plan is to take advantage of epublishing, have it done professionally when I can and then re-issue.

kitenski I don't know as yet, but if I was Dickens James the Last it would be pretty unlikely Smile

Thanks to Snowheads - the book made it to No.1 in the Amazon lists for Free Sports Fiction. Niche, very niche!

This is another excellent place for finding free books  
http://www.kuforum.co.uk/free_ebooks/latest/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Favourite so far...
Quote:
January saw us busy, but most of our sock was being sold off at cost or at a loss. Ouch"

times must've been hard in book retail. Although the typo relating to the "fist customer" had a certain charm too, and rang very true from my brief time in retail many moons ago... there was many a punchable punter...

I tease - enjoyable read so far.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bummocks - and keep the coming!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Greetings from Kaprun

I wrote one after our 2006/7 chalet experience, not a novel, rather a factual travel documentary.

Never had it published (a bit before the e-download era), 'A Season at 1800' remains read by only a few (but used as a TEFL aid by our Swiss friends).

Might be of interest to those who enjoyed the mammoth Ski Beat thread...

90,000 words, I've been published before, a little out of date now but still readable, what should i do?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stella, Just downloaded...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have uploaded an improved version - you can download it via Manage my Kindle if you are not set up for automatic updates (a new feature?).

Hi T-Dub, if you take a look at Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) on the Amazon homepage (I think it is under Publish with us) there is a lot of info. If you don't want to stick to one market there is also Smashwords (I have another book with them) and a new US venture called Draft2Digital publishing. There are some good forums - Kindle Users Forum (UK), Kindleboards in the US (they can over as a bit spiky to newbies) and the forum on the KDP website. Read a lot before posting on that one! Drop me a pm if you would like more info.

Thanks for your support and have a good Easter!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Downloaded, read and enjoyed. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stella, a good read so thanks for posting the link.

Looking forward to the next one.........
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I supposedly acquired this when it was free but it hasn't shown up on either of my androids - any Kindle app experts know how to kick it to find it? Normally just works and syncs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy