Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 Pierre Vacances Le Village Apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Les Arcs 1950 in 2 weeks time and staying at the Pierre Vacances Le Village Apartments. I have heard that the apartment blocks are of varying standard so would like to put in a request for one of the better ones. If you have stayed there can you recommend which apartment to ask for? I think I read somewhere that Manoir Savoie is the one to go for?

Many thanks for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We rented an apartment in Manoir Savoie in Feb. It was a private deal via Owners direct rather than P&V however, but we'd certainly recommend it (we might reserve judgement on the boot room...) All the blocks looked pretty good though
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

The different blocks are not really varying in standard so much as each block has been decorated to reflect a different style. Italian, Baroque, Savoyarde etc. The actual facilities within each apartment are consistent in each block. They were not all built at the same time but a constant renovation plan is ongoing to keep them all looking good. What might be more important to you is the kind of view you have.

The leisure facilities that area available for your use will vary depending on your allocated block. Everyone has access to a pool and jacuzzi but the combination of indoor/outdoor does vary. Indoor pool + outdoor jacuzzi or vice versa. All are heated however!

Location wise there is not much to choose from. All can be accessed from the car park and all are ski in/out from the boot room and the village is not so large so there is never very far to walk.

Where you are allocated will also be connected to what room type you have booked as there might only be a limited no of certain apartments in some blocks. Ie the Manoir de Savoie has very few very large apartments as it hosts the conference centre where demand is for the smaller room types.

Having said this lots of returning customers do express a preference for various personal reasons, understandably those with kids prefer the indoor pool in early season, and if a special apartment is important to you then there is an optional extra available where you can pay to guarantee a certain location providing it is available in your booked room type. To book this contact Pierre & Vacances if you booked directly or ask your Tour Operator to arrange it if you used one. Requests (unpaid for) will be accommodated, if possible, after all the guaranteed location customers have been allocated.

Enjoy you'll have a great stay!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jasono, the blocks are more or less the same. I own in HdG - the first to be built - and I would say that the later built blocks have a slightly better decoration. That said, some people find them a little too 'in your face' and prefer the more discrete decoration of the earlier built blocks. If a large pool is the focus of your stay then Prince de Cimes is the best option although residents in HdG can walk across a passerelle to it so it's not an issue if you are there. Otherwise they are all more or less the same. The Manoir will have a few years less wear and tear but generally the up keep means that sort of issue is negligible. Le Manoir does tend to be the block used for conferences so it can be a little crowded in the public spaces from time to time. The exception to the above is the Chalet de Lys which a higher standard but I don’t believe you can book there unless you get a deal through one of the owners.

Have a good time - I always do!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed there with some friends last year - we booked separately so we ended up in 2 difference blocks. I don't recall which blocks they were but they were much of a muchness
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

each block has been decorated to reflect a different style. Italian, Baroque, Savoyarde etc.

Puzzled is this Disneyworld?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

is this Disneyworld?

Funny you should say that - there is a bit of that about the place at times
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy