Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niederau-Hinterglemm Link

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's a tester for all of you with a knowledge of the Austrian Alps.
I'm off to Niederau on Saturday week but have a mate doing a season in Hinterglemm this year. It would be great to meet up on his day off, but I realise I'm not that close. Neither do I have a car and I would be surprised if he can get his hands on one (although stranger things have happened).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a resort that we can both get to somewhere between us?
I know Ski Welt is do-able from Niederau and therefore Kitzbuhel as well, but is that leaving my mate too far to come? It would be nice to get at least half a day's skiing in with him. Or is this all just pie in the sky?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EdYarker, he should ski over to Leogang and get the direct train to Kitzbuhel. You should get a lift down to Hopfgarten and ski like the wind to Brixen, up to Westendorf and then over to Kitzbuhel. You'd both have to be on first lifts and then, I'm guessing, you might hook up mid morning. So it can be done.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Johann or Kitz is probably your best bet as he could get to Zell on the bus then its only about 45 min train ride to St Johann or Kitz.

You could get a bus to Worgl and then the train get to St J or Kits. Again about a 45ish min trip on the train for you. About an hour and 20 mins inc bus journey

Check out oebb.at for all transport info.

Its do-able and easy enough from both ends. You can have a decent afternoons skiing in St Jo then into Max`s pub for a few drinks after.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
EdYarker, where you staying in Niederau?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. It certainly sounds possible and I like a 'ski fast' challenge, so maybe I will suggest the Kitz option, but will look at the respective transport options on the link first.
We are staying in Hotel Alpenland, which is apparently right in the centre of the village, next to the nursery slopes. Good for my girlfriend, who's on her second ski trip ever.
Does anyone have any tips? I plan to head over to Alpbach a few times, we also arrive early on the Saturday so maybe get a ski afternoon in then?
Alternatively if there are any good suggestions for rugby watching venues, that could work as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
EdYarker, The Staffler Hotel would be best for the rugby as they are rugby mad there and have nice big TV at the end of the bar.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jibber's suggestion seems the most practical to me. Try to get trains that stop at the Kitzbühel Hahnenkamm halt (I'm not sure they all do); that is right next to the Hahnenkamm gondola. Cheap price for men on Fridays in Kitz (€36).

Not so sure about Bode Swiller's idea. E.g. The station in Leogang is a good way from the lift; your friend would need a taxi.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
espri, is it? wasn't sure. Or he could get bus down the valley to Saalfelden Station then and direct to Kitzbuhel Hahnenkamm - the 07:58 or 08:58 goes direct and takes 48 minutes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, bus Hinterglemm to Saalfelden would be good bet (and I think the bus would go to the station in Saalfelden). The bus to Zell would be fine too but then the train journey is slightly longer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK great bus to Saalfenden for him then train and I will probably be safer getting the train from Wogl, than trying the break net ski through SkiWelt.
Thanks all and for the tip on Hotel Staffler for the rugby.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can't get a bus direct from Hinterglemm to Saalfelden, your friend would need to change at Maishofen which is between Zell and Saalfelden. Would be quicker for him just to stay on the bus to Zell, it stops right outside the station.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JohnnyW is right. And, as opposed to my earlier belief, the bus to Saalfelden doesn't seem to call at the station there, so going to Zell is better.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone. Sadly it seems unlikely he will get the time to come out now, which is a shame, but I will tell him to catch the bus to Zell if he is able to swing it and we can get a days skiing in Kitz.
I've now discovered that the rugby on Saturday falls slap bang in the middle of my hotel's dinner time. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant to eat in in Niederau after 8pm, no doubt celebrating a fantastic victory?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy